Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32]
Comprehensive KudoZ update released
Thread poster: Jason Grimes
yolanda Speece
yolanda Speece  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:29
English to Spanish
+ ...
I really like what you did here Mar 1, 2006

However, even though I am not a Platinum memberbut I keep getting sent projects that are for Platinum members. This means I can't bid but I am receiving the message. Is there a section where we can specifically ask for non-platinum bids or platinum bids to avoid the clutter in our mailboxes?

Thanks!

Claudio Porcellana (X)
Claudio Porcellana (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
in house jobs toggle ? Apr 29, 2006

I think it would be useful have another toggle preference:
receive or not receive in house jobs

don't you think so?

Carlos Gradin
Carlos Gradin
Argentina
Local time: 08:29
English to Spanish
a suggestion May 19, 2006

I think you should allow the user to receive the Kudoz mail in a differente mail box from the one stipulated in the profile, in order for the user to be able to handle his mail in a more efficiently way.

cheers

Herman Vilella
Herman Vilella  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:29
English to Spanish
+ ...
Genius Jul 25, 2006

Henry, I've said it before and I'll say it again today (regarding the new dahsboards) ----- YOU'RE A GENIUS!!!!!

That's been my opinon since I started reading your Henry Dotterer's news 12 years ago.

Twelve years ago!!!

Keep up the good work, for Christ's sake!!!

If you drop by Spain and need a FREE GUIDE for a few days, call me, I'm it!!!

Herman M. Vilella
groundline: +34 (95) 427 1243; cell: +34 666 461 091
How to re
... See more
Henry, I've said it before and I'll say it again today (regarding the new dahsboards) ----- YOU'RE A GENIUS!!!!!

That's been my opinon since I started reading your Henry Dotterer's news 12 years ago.

Twelve years ago!!!

Keep up the good work, for Christ's sake!!!

If you drop by Spain and need a FREE GUIDE for a few days, call me, I'm it!!!

Herman M. Vilella
groundline: +34 (95) 427 1243; cell: +34 666 461 091
How to remember cell number? ... "sex,sex,sex, for sex once ---- call police!")
Collapse

Sergio Mangiarotti
Sergio Mangiarotti
German to Italian
Awareness about being filtered Sep 25, 2006

Hello,

Maybe could people learn about them selves if they know how many people filter them.

Regards
Sergio

Bonita Mc Donald
Bonita Mc Donald
Local time: 05:29
Spanish to English
+ ...
Peer comments/Congratulations/Closed Kudoz alerts - setting defaults Oct 1, 2006

Hello,

Someone has probably already mentioned this before but this thread is VERY long so, at the risk of being repetitive, here goes:

1. Have the ability from the dashboard to make email notification of peers' comments (agree, neutral, disagree) optional (check mark for default on, no check mark for default off, or an ON/OFF button, something like that).

2. Similar functionality for Congratulations or Closed (not won) Kudoz alerts, where we can select the
... See more
Hello,

Someone has probably already mentioned this before but this thread is VERY long so, at the risk of being repetitive, here goes:

1. Have the ability from the dashboard to make email notification of peers' comments (agree, neutral, disagree) optional (check mark for default on, no check mark for default off, or an ON/OFF button, something like that).

2. Similar functionality for Congratulations or Closed (not won) Kudoz alerts, where we can select the default for both as either ON or OFF.

It would help us to better manage the amount of messages that are sent to our inbox and would give us more global control, instead of having to alter these settings for each individual Kudoz question when we answer them.

Thanks!

Bonnie

P.S. If this thread is no longer the appropriate place for this type of post, please let me know and I'll start a new thread on the Suggestions Board or something. Thanx
Collapse

Renata Moro
Renata Moro  Identity Verified
French to Italian
+ ...
I agree completely. Please make things easier and less time-consuming. It was easier as it was befo Oct 3, 2006

Karlo Heppner wrote:

My first impression
is that of having changed a lot what makes things confusing and dropped worthful functions.

1. The whole layout is too complicated, too many things to observe when answering questions.

2. I cannot click on the name of an answerer and get to his profile. Annoying.

3. Too many kinds of glossary searches. Confusing.
The answers I get in 3 categories. Confusing.

I can´t even search only my own glossary. Annoying.

In general my first impression. Changes were made two rapidly , all at once. By adding too many functions it´s confusing for the user.

Proposal: Let the fundamental structure as easy a s possible and add the additional functions as(hidden)options.

A layout must be easy and clear and not overloaded with a lot of functions the users do not need normally.

John Hadfield
John Hadfield  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:29
French to English
+ ...
Your Dashboard still sends me 'potential' jobs, even though I unclicked that box Jan 6, 2007

Several months ago I unclicked the 'potential' box, indicating that I don't want to receive emails concerning potential jobs.

However, you continue to send me 'potential' jobs every day, even though on each occasion you say 'this is only a potential job'

Could you made a modification to your software so that it does what it says it is going to do?

Thanks

John Hadfield

Steffen Walter
Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Submit support ticket Jan 6, 2007

Hi John,

I think your complaint would stand a better chance of getting noticed by ProZ.com staff if you submitted a support ticket with a description of the issue -> http://www.proz.com/support

Best regards,
Steffen

Walter Landesman
Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 08:29
English to Spanish
+ ...
suggestion Jan 29, 2007

Both dashboards are very useful.

However, when I go on vacations I have to turn it off on the day I leave and then turn it back on when I am back.

When I leave I may be in a hurry and forget doing it. If I turn it off 2 days before leaving, I may miss some important notifications. When I return I may be busy too and forget putting it back on immediatley, doing it maybe 1-2 days later and again I might miss some important notification.

I think it would mo
... See more

However, when I go on vacations I have to turn it off on the day I leave and then turn it back on when I am back.

When I leave I may be in a hurry and forget doing it. If I turn it off 2 days before leaving, I may miss some important notifications. When I return I may be busy too and forget putting it back on immediatley, doing it maybe 1-2 days later and again I might miss some important notification.

I think it would more practical if we could set the dates as soon as we know our schedule, i.e. off from 2/2 to 2/13 and from 2/25 to 3/6, so that we can forget about it and when we return it is already on.

Just my suggestion for improvement.

Thanks.

Walter
Collapse

Carlos Miguel Correia
Carlos Miguel Correia
Local time: 12:29
French to Portuguese
+ ...
Nice Oct 22, 2007

Well done. Congratulations. It is most better this way.

David Williams
David Williams
Germany
German to English
I agree with you, Walter Mar 23, 2009

[quote]Walter Landesman wrote:

However ...
I think it would more practical if we could set the dates as soon as we know our schedule, i.e. off from 2/2 to 2/13 and from 2/25 to 3/6, so that we can forget about it and when we return it is already on.

Bruce Goodman
Bruce Goodman  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 23:29
English
Great - but where to find it Jul 4, 2013

The dashboard is great - but I stumbled upon it by accident! Then I spent quite some time trying to find it again in order to place this comment!

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
"KudoZ settings" or "KudoZ dashboard" Jul 4, 2013

Hello Bruce,

You can access your KudoZ dashboard at any time by mousing over your name at the top of any site page and clicking on "KudoZ settings" in the displaying menu.

Hope this helps!

Lucia

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Comprehensive KudoZ update released

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »