Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32] >
Comprehensive KudoZ update released
Thread poster: Jason Grimes
Arthur Allmendinger
Arthur Allmendinger  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:11
English to German
+ ...
Cyrillic and Western encoding Sep 26, 2005

Hi Jason,
Hi Henry,

As I already mentioned...

Arthur Allmendinger wrote:

Aug 25

...I have constantly to switch from Cyrillic to West-European encoding when I read Russian and German texts, and that is very annoying...

Please tell me if it is planned to get rid of this inconvenience in the new Kudoz-Release.

If you manage to solve this problem, I’ll pay for a Patinum-Membership.

Regards

Arthur

[Edited at 2005-09-27 04:45]

María Teresa Taylor Oliver
María Teresa Taylor Oliver  Identity Verified
Panama
Local time: 03:11
Spanish to English
+ ...
Asker notes to answerers Sep 27, 2005

This is something I just noticed today, example at ==> http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1146790#2746520

Whenever the asker writes a note to one of the answerers, this note appears three times on the page:

1) in red characters, above the answer, preceded by the word "Note".

2) in a white box, immediately below the answer and above the agrees, preceded by the wo
... See more
This is something I just noticed today, example at ==> http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1146790#2746520

Whenever the asker writes a note to one of the answerers, this note appears three times on the page:

1) in red characters, above the answer, preceded by the word "Note".

2) in a white box, immediately below the answer and above the agrees, preceded by the word "Asker", and

3) in blue characters, underneath the answer, preceded by the word "Comment".

Is it really necessary to repeat the same note three times on the page? It's a bit confusing...

Thanks!

[Edited at 2005-09-27 14:08]
Collapse

Emérentienne
Emérentienne
France
English to French
comments on answers are not always reflected in the suggested answers Sep 28, 2005

Hello Jason,

I apologize if this question has already been raised and answered. Why is it that sometimes the agrees/disagrees don't appear as plusses or minuses next to the confidence level in the suggested answers grid (using V3 Kudoz design)? I've noticed this bug for a while, sort of on and off. In this instance :
http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1147713
the plusses first appeared,
... See more
Hello Jason,

I apologize if this question has already been raised and answered. Why is it that sometimes the agrees/disagrees don't appear as plusses or minuses next to the confidence level in the suggested answers grid (using V3 Kudoz design)? I've noticed this bug for a while, sort of on and off. In this instance :
http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1147713
the plusses first appeared, and have now vanished. I don't suppose it's intentional. But maybe by the time you take a look they will have reappeared...

However, if you look at the question with the new beta design, the number of peer agreements do show in the confidence level box. Are you trying to get us off the V3 design ?

Cécile
Collapse

Mihai Badea (X)
Mihai Badea (X)  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
English to Romanian
+ ...
The solution (Unicode) should be implemented soon Sep 28, 2005

Arthur Allmendinger wrote:

Please tell me if it is planned to get rid of this inconvenience in the new Kudoz-Release.

“2. I noticed a problem with character sets. How are they handled at ProZ.com?

When in comes to character sets at ProZ.com, what goes in comes out; with few exceptions, our database simply spits out what was put in. So if you enter a text in Cyrillic, it will come out as Cyrillic.

However, in some cases, the database (or something on the way to it), misunderstands a sequence of characters and does not pass it along accurately. This results in different errors, unique to various characters sets and languages.

Our plan is to migrate to unicode in the fall. In the meantime, we ask that you bear with the inconvenience of our system.”

http://www.proz.com/faq/localization#local_charsets

Arthur Allmendinger
Arthur Allmendinger  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Thanks, Badea. Sep 28, 2005

Mihai Badea wrote:

Our plan is to migrate to unicode in the fall. In the meantime, we ask that you bear with the inconvenience of our system.”

http://www.proz.com/faq/localization#local_charsets

Right now we have fall and I hope that the migration to Unicode will be finished in two months.

[Edited at 2005-09-28 20:43]

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 04:11
SITE FOUNDER
Please set your preferences using the dashboard, Fayez. Sep 29, 2005

Fayez Sahyoun wrote:

As a result of this update in the ProZ.com KudoZ I am now receiving scores of queries. I had previously specifically requested not to receive any queries - that is I am not subscribed to this service. I am surprised and dismayed at the posted queries some translators have. It is very embarrasing to read some of the translations.

Notifications are sent according to your dashboard preferences, set here: http://www.proz.com/dashboard I have turned off notifications for you using this page.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
We had a bug in the notifications system, but notifications should be going out properly now Sep 29, 2005

To update you all on preferences/email notifications, there was a bug that caused soe notifications not to be sent when they should have. That was fixed last week, so notifications should be going out according to whatever preferences are saved in your dashboard.

As for the reports of trouble in saving dashboard settings, since many members are succeeding in saving preferences, this problem is apparently limited to specific cases. To solve the problem, we would first need to be able
... See more
To update you all on preferences/email notifications, there was a bug that caused soe notifications not to be sent when they should have. That was fixed last week, so notifications should be going out according to whatever preferences are saved in your dashboard.

As for the reports of trouble in saving dashboard settings, since many members are succeeding in saving preferences, this problem is apparently limited to specific cases. To solve the problem, we would first need to be able to replicate it. If you are unable to save your settings, please enter a support ticket with a description of the settings you are trying to save. Then I'll make sure it works! (gad, you reported an issue with flagging/filtering, which may be a different matter altogether... are you still unable to flag/filter?)
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
We had a bug in the robot, it was corrected Sep 29, 2005

There was a bug in the robot which caused grading to fail for one day. Glossary entries could not be made for the questions, either, because they had not been closed. The bug was corrected, but the questions that were not properly closed still need to be fixed. Sorry for the trouble!

Peter Saternus
Peter Saternus
Local time: 05:11
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Grading answers Sep 29, 2005

I have receieved a second email asking me to grade a question that has been answered but I just do not seem to find how to grade it!!! I might be missing something. Could someone please give me a hint?
As for the changes in the site, I am still getting used to some of the features. I have to say I felt a little disappointed with changes in number of questions I can ask now, since I have been a contributor for the glossary with my questions and providing Kudoz points to the answerers.
... See more
I have receieved a second email asking me to grade a question that has been answered but I just do not seem to find how to grade it!!! I might be missing something. Could someone please give me a hint?
As for the changes in the site, I am still getting used to some of the features. I have to say I felt a little disappointed with changes in number of questions I can ask now, since I have been a contributor for the glossary with my questions and providing Kudoz points to the answerers.
I am not "in love" with the glossary yet, but it might just be a matter of adapting to the new version.
Anyways, great site.
Collapse

Steffen Walter
Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Direct grading link in email? Sep 29, 2005

Peter Saternus wrote:

Doesn't your message contain a direct link/URL (with a randomly generated password attached at the end) to the question at hand? If so, click on this link to see the question complete with the grading boxes.

Steffen

[Edited at 2005-09-29 13:03]

Claudio Porcellana (X)
Claudio Porcellana (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
jobs dashboard fabolous !!! Oct 1, 2005

Hey, this feature is fantastic !!!
Are the features I've ever wanted it
two thumbs up !!!

***Only one remark: I would have the chance to free filter the LWA score as I don't admit jobs from agencies with LWA < 4,8

[Edited at 2005-10-01 11:16]

Maurizio Valente
Maurizio Valente  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
In memoriam
Message *** This question is from one of your flagged colleagues *** disappeared Oct 1, 2005

[Sorry but I have no time to read 160+ postings. Hope this topic has not been already covered.]

I have flagged a dozen of colleagues and created a message handling rule in my mailer so that all emails containing

*** This question is from one of your flagged colleagues ***

in their bodies might be stored in a special folder automatically.
However, this message has suddenly disappeared, and now I have no way to highlight any question from my flagged c
... See more
[Sorry but I have no time to read 160+ postings. Hope this topic has not been already covered.]

I have flagged a dozen of colleagues and created a message handling rule in my mailer so that all emails containing

*** This question is from one of your flagged colleagues ***

in their bodies might be stored in a special folder automatically.
However, this message has suddenly disappeared, and now I have no way to highlight any question from my flagged colleagues.
Why has it been removed?
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Comprehensive KudoZ update released

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »