Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32] >
Comprehensive KudoZ update released
Thread poster: Jason Grimes
Robert Donahue (X)
Robert Donahue (X)  Identity Verified
Russian to English
+ ...
Targeted question was lost Aug 30, 2005

I posted a targeted question and received an e-mail telling me that it was posted. I had an open question (open as in open to everyone( out there too. The targeted question never appeared in my "asked" kudoz section though and the next time I checked all reference to it was gone completely. Another bug?

Olga B
Olga B  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 13:05
English to Russian
+ ...
toolbar Aug 30, 2005

Kirill Semenov wrote:

Sorry, people, I've just noticed the toolbar in my IE. My apologies -- it works!

[Edited at 2005-08-19 16:13]

I can't understand what toolbar you are speaking about?
To tell the truth I do not understand anything.

Walter Landesman
Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 07:05
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nothing wrong with you, but with the system. Aug 30, 2005

Julio Arturo Torres Jaubert wrote:

Sometimes I am the first one to answer a question.
E.g. When I see a question, sometimes I am the only answerer with about 8 min, no matter I answered almost immediately. Then, when I open the page again two or three minutes later, there are two or three colleagues with another answers in 5, 6 or 7 minutes!
Am I wrong?
Julio

No, Julio, you are not wrong. This question ahs already been asked and no reply. May be you are luckier. Check:
Walter Landesman: it`s not the case
http://www.proz.com/topic/35829?post_id=257137

[quote]Arthur Allmendinger wrote: [quote]Walter Landesman wrote: Sometimes I post an answer at 4 minutes (example), I can see it, I am the only one. When I come back, 10 minutes later, there is another answer at 3 minutes, which wasn´t there ...

• Walter Landesman: Timing
http://www.proz.com/topic/35829?post_id=257249

[quote]Tsogt Gombosuren wrote: There is a bug in timing of answers. It is important for answerers to be the first in helping the askers. However, in some cases, my answers came last, though I saw only my answers after posting them. How come??[/qu...

[Edited at 2005-08-30 22:01]

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 06:05
SITE FOUNDER
About to make another change to the beta design Aug 31, 2005

I am about to make another change to the beta design. Comments:

Nick Lingris wrote:
Here is my suggestion:
1. One row at the very top of closed questions, titled Glossary Entry. With big, though not too big, bold, blue characters. Accompanied underneath by two buttons, Edit Gloss and Peer Review (and Browse KOG if you like). This box will remain empty when no entry has been made in the glossary.

I very much liked the glossary part of your suggestion, Nick. In a subtle way, this could really affect the approach members take to KudoZ.

I have partially implemented the suggestion, and done some additional shuffling while I was at it.

The look is quite different. The design is even more complicated now than it was before. Because there are many here who would prefer a simpler look, I intend to reintroduce the "basic" mode (which I have removed temporarily).

Note that among my objectives in redesigning KudoZ are the following:
- Allowing for more information, and additional features, to be shown. (Example: the asker box is now larger, allowing for more history data, and dashboard features. Space has also had to be allotted for new question "targeting" and other features.)
- Better communicating to visitors and new users what is going on in a KudoZ question. (Hence the notes and, I hope, more traditional/intuitive arrangement.)
- Emphasizing glossary entries and providing improved visibility and access to the new KOG glossary features (not yet fully implemented).

Nick Lingris
Nick Lingris  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:05
Member (2006)
English to Greek
+ ...
Glossary entry at the top Aug 31, 2005

Hi, Henry.

It looks good but:

1. I have just entered my target term in a closed question and it did not appear in the translation line of the glossary box.

2. There are no buttons underneath.

3. Defining the language for the source and target terms (in the left-hand column of the glossary box) may create formatting problems for a number of languages. As the language pair appears immediately below, perhaps just "Source term / phrase" and "Target
... See more
Hi, Henry.

It looks good but:

1. I have just entered my target term in a closed question and it did not appear in the translation line of the glossary box.

2. There are no buttons underneath.

3. Defining the language for the source and target terms (in the left-hand column of the glossary box) may create formatting problems for a number of languages. As the language pair appears immediately below, perhaps just "Source term / phrase" and "Target translation" would be enough.

4. I like the fact that the answerer's picture / logo is now displayed as prominently as the asker's.

These are my first comments and I'm sure the bugs will soon be fixed before you have everyone complaining here.

[Edited at 2005-08-31 11:58]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Comprehensive KudoZ update released

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »