Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32] >
Comprehensive KudoZ update released
Thread poster: Jason Grimes
Nikki Graham
Nikki Graham  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:01
Spanish to English
Not enough space for term explanation in beta design Sep 2, 2005

Sorry if this has been said before, but I think there is not enough space now for the term explanation by the asker, as it is squashed on the left and given as much prominence as details of the asker. I appreciate that the latter are of interest, but couldn't they be put at the top as they used to be? Neither do I like the fact that the info no longer fits comfortably onto the page and you have to use the scroll bar at the bottom. Also, why is the same colour used for the question and the answer... See more
Sorry if this has been said before, but I think there is not enough space now for the term explanation by the asker, as it is squashed on the left and given as much prominence as details of the asker. I appreciate that the latter are of interest, but couldn't they be put at the top as they used to be? Neither do I like the fact that the info no longer fits comfortably onto the page and you have to use the scroll bar at the bottom. Also, why is the same colour used for the question and the answers? The whole page now looks the same, and it is not as easy as in V3 to differentiate between the different sections (question, answer summary, answers).

Just a few thoughts.
Collapse

Joanna Borowska
Joanna Borowska  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 17:01
English to Polish
Totally agree! Sep 2, 2005

Nikki Graham wrote:

I think there is not enough space now for the term explanation by the asker, as it is squashed on the left and given as much prominence as details of the asker. I appreciate that the latter are of interest, but couldn't they be put at the top as they used to be? Neither do I like the fact that the info no longer fits comfortably onto the page and you have to use the scroll bar at the bottom.

Muriel Vasconcellos
Muriel Vasconcellos  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:01
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
New KudoZ answer summary box Sep 2, 2005

I have a huge problem with the new summary box with the big letters. The old one was fine. BIG doesn't mean legible! It's too hard to read, too hard on the eyes. Have you ever noticed how, when you're reading along in a certain font and a big subhead comes along, your eye actually skips the subhead? The eye can't take that kind of jumping back and forth.

And the centering is hard to read, too.

Plus, I haven't found that I can click on a given answer and go directly to i
... See more
I have a huge problem with the new summary box with the big letters. The old one was fine. BIG doesn't mean legible! It's too hard to read, too hard on the eyes. Have you ever noticed how, when you're reading along in a certain font and a big subhead comes along, your eye actually skips the subhead? The eye can't take that kind of jumping back and forth.

And the centering is hard to read, too.

Plus, I haven't found that I can click on a given answer and go directly to it -- a capability that we used to have.

I beg of you, let's go back to the old box. It wasn't broke; it didn't need to be fixed!
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 11:01
SITE FOUNDER
Thanks, Walter Sep 2, 2005

Walter Landesman wrote:

I can`t find my previous postings on this subject, but I just wanted to tell you that the problem has been fixed. I`ve even noticed a new design, different colors por confidence level and net agrees, it works and it looks much better.

Yes, I fixed it and removed your post - sorry for not letting you know. Thanks for your help!

Richard Benham
Richard Benham  Identity Verified
France
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Are you calling me a liar? Sep 3, 2005

The following is copy-pasted directly from something I just saw when looking at a question. I'm sorry if the bug has already been reported, but this thread is a bit long to read all the way through.

The asker has directed this question specifically to ProZ.com members who:
... are native speakers of English (You have reported that you are.)
Although you do not meet the criteria, you may suggest a translation if you like.

Johan Venter
Johan Venter  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Dutch to English
+ ...
Selecting next page Sep 3, 2005

I reported this bug before, but it still persists and my posting on it has been removed as far as I can see:

When the Kudoz main page displays My Languages I cannot go back to previous pages to display older questions. Irrespective of whether I select a page number, next or last, it always displays the first page again, only this time without any options to select another page.

Andrea Re
Andrea Re  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Italian
+ ...
AGAIN Sep 3, 2005

Andrea Re wrote:

Hi there,

I just got this e-mail asking me to grade this question
http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1122393
AGAIN!!!!!
I have already "graded" this question-not-for-points twice, but it seems not to take notice.

Cheers,
Andrea

I am sorry, but can anybody tell me why I keep on being asked to grade this n$%£^ question?
I have done it 3 times already and I am about to do it again!!

Cheers,

Andrea

PS

I have just checked and the question seems to have been "graded", so why did I get the e-mail?

[Edited at 2005-09-03 11:16]

Maria Diaconu
Maria Diaconu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 18:01
English to Romanian
Same problem with selecting next page Sep 3, 2005

venter wrote:

I reported this bug before, but it still persists and my posting on it has been removed as far as I can see:

When the Kudoz main page displays My Languages I cannot go back to previous pages to display older questions. Irrespective of whether I select a page number, next or last, it always displays the first page again, only this time without any options to select another page.

The same thing has been happening to me since yesterday.

Oliver Walter
Oliver Walter  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
Happens under some conditions Sep 3, 2005

Richard Benham wrote:

The following is copy-pasted directly from something I just saw when looking at a question. I'm sorry if the bug has already been reported, but this thread is a bit long to read all the way through.

The asker has directed this question specifically to ProZ.com members who:
... are native speakers of English (You have reported that you are.)
Although you do not meet the criteria, you may suggest a translation if you like.

I have found that the message is correct (i.e. "you do meet the criteria") when I first click to see the full question, and then changes to the opposite (as you report) when I click to see the page on which I can reply.
Oliver

Oliver Walter
Oliver Walter  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
Do the "Swiss Germans" speak German? Sep 3, 2005

SwissTell wrote:

I am not a "native German speaker" and therefore do not declare it. I am a SWISS GERMAN native speaker, and there is no slot for this, just as there is nothing for AUSTRIAN GERMAN. In short:
if you want to become bureaucrats and create more red-tape, at least do it in a democratic fashion, treating all nationalities in the same way.

COMMENT: You should probably call youself a native German speaker for roughly the same reason that Americans and Australians (etc.) call themselves native English speakers, i.e. familiarity and fluency in a language that is virtually indistinguishable from "shriftdütsch". I sometimes say, only half-jokingly, that the "German-speaking" Swiss can speak German, but they don't.

SWISSTELL: BTW SwissTell: your website and CV seem to be "broken" in your ProZ profile.

JASON: Perhaps consider adding a "dialect" option to one's native language, as is already available now when replying to a KudoZ question.

Oliver

Ruth Wiedekind
Ruth Wiedekind  Identity Verified
Germany
Spanish to German
+ ...
TOO M ANY OPTIONS Sep 3, 2005

I consider myself not a contribuant for years, but I believe to join th community more than 2 years ago.
I was always satisfied with how many colleagues gave their opinion tom a Kudoz question, and I don`t understand why you had to change it. (You know, sometimes the older things are more worth.)

I don't like:
- the change of reading left and right...
- why people's "Kudoz activity" is given.
If the answer suits Kudoz information is unnecessary: Looking up th
... See more
I consider myself not a contribuant for years, but I believe to join th community more than 2 years ago.
I was always satisfied with how many colleagues gave their opinion tom a Kudoz question, and I don`t understand why you had to change it. (You know, sometimes the older things are more worth.)

I don't like:
- the change of reading left and right...
- why people's "Kudoz activity" is given.
If the answer suits Kudoz information is unnecessary: Looking up the profile behind is enough.

- in total: the presentation is TOO complicated. We don't need it so complicated. So much options and conditions... Just leave it as it was and don't complicate it more! One will not take the time to read all the options !!!
Collapse

María Roberto (X)
María Roberto (X)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Same problem (III) Sep 3, 2005

Selecting next page (Venter)
Same problem with selecting next page (Maria Diaconu)

Randa Farhat
Randa Farhat  Identity Verified
Lebanon
Local time: 18:01
English to Arabic
+ ...
Colour Sep 5, 2005

Hello ProZies,

I'm not sure if this was mentioned earlier.
I find it is too much "yellow" and "green" for the eye!
Reading through would be much easier with a "white" background.
Thank you.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Comprehensive KudoZ update released

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »