RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:55
English
We're looking into this now... Oct 2, 2013

Chun-yi Chen wrote:

Tejinder Soodan wrote:

After upgrading to version 2014, I am unable to download any new app from the App Store.

.... Sometimes browser issues can cause this but if you have been able to do this in the past then the problem must be something else.

Apologies for the inconvenience and we hope to have this resolved asap.

Regards

Paul

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Just to double check... Oct 2, 2013

NinonD wrote:

I'm actually using a standard version of MS Office 2013, installed on my computer.
Is there something I'm not doing right? Because I for sure cannot seems to preview anything from that Suite.

Hi Ninon,

Apologies for asking again but can you just check something for me as even the click to run version can be the standard version rather than 365. I believe it's how the product is installed that causes the issue. So can you go to Control Panel -> Programs and Features, select Microsoft Office 2013 and click on "Change". Can you tell me if you see this:

If you see the standard options like this then I'll log a support case on your behalf, but if not then you have used the click to run installer which still results in the standard version, it just gets installed in a different way and this is the problem:

Regards

Paul

Ninon Dion
Ninon Dion  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:55
Member (2013)
Standard window Oct 2, 2013

SDL Support wrote:

NinonD wrote:

I'm actually using a standard version of MS Office 2013, installed on my computer.
Is there something I'm not doing right? Because I for sure cannot seems to preview anything from that Suite.

Hi Ninon,

Apologies for asking again but can you just check something for me as even the click to run version can be the standard version rather than 365. I believe it's how the product is installed that causes the issue. So can you go to Control Panel -> Programs and Features, select Microsoft Office 2013 and click on "Change". Can you tell me if you see this:

If you see the standard options like this then I'll log a support case on your behalf, but if not then you have used the click to run installer which still results in the standard version, it just gets installed in a different way and this is the problem:

Regards

Paul

Hello Paul,

I did what you asked, and I got the standard options window.
Here is a print screen:

I hope we can work out this problem!

Ack... have no clue why the image doesn't appear. Anyways here is the URL:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7jv2u03ijrinxrt/Capture.jpg

[Edited at 2013-10-02 06:49 GMT]

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
This is the click to run installation Oct 2, 2013

NinonD wrote:

Here is a print screen:

Hi Ninon,

The image you show here is indeed the click to run installation. The standard one is the one that is not orange.

The only resolution to this is to uninstall Office and install it again, but this time don't use the click to run installer. There is a useful article here explaining this problem and also where to get the conventional installer from: http://goo.gl/cGpGPy

Regards

Paul

post edit... I can see I badly worded the previous post. Sorry about that... it was confusing about which one was standard and which was click to run.

[Edited at 2013-10-02 07:09 GMT]

Ninon Dion
Ninon Dion  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 09:55
Member (2013)
I see Oct 2, 2013

SDL Support wrote:

NinonD wrote:

Here is a print screen:

Hi Ninon,

The image you show here is indeed the click to run installation. The standard one is the one that is not orange.

The only resolution to this is to uninstall Office and install it again, but this time don't use the click to run installer. There is a useful article here explaining this problem and also where to get the conventional installer from: http://goo.gl/cGpGPy

Regards

Paul

post edit... I can see I badly worded the previous post. Sorry about that... it was confusing about which one was standard and which was click to run.

[Edited at 2013-10-02 07:09 GMT]

No problems Paul.
Thank you for your help, and hopefully that will do the trick....

bungholio
bungholio
German to English
Variables Oct 2, 2013

Don't know if this is the proper place for this, but it doesn't look like variables are working properly in 2014. Sometimes they do, but at least when they are single units (USB or DVI), you have to add them as new units.

Maybe someone has more information about this?

Chunyi Chen
Chunyi Chen
United States
Local time: 06:55
English to Chinese
seems to be a browser issue after all Oct 2, 2013

Hi Paul,

Thank you for pointing me to the right direction. I was able to download the two apps I needed after using Maxthon instead of Chrome. I also tested this on IE and it also worked.
Google Chrome seems to be the culprit in this case.

Chun-yi

SDL Support wrote:

Chun-yi Chen wrote:

Tejinder Soodan wrote:

After upgrading to version 2014, I am unable to download any new app from the App Store.

.... Sometimes browser issues can cause this but if you have been able to do this in the past then the problem must be something else.

Apologies for the inconvenience and we hope to have this resolved asap.

Regards

Paul

Josef Aron
Josef Aron  Identity Verified
English to Czech
+ ...
I have the same problem. Oct 2, 2013

Tejinder Soodan wrote:

After upgrading to version 2014, I am unable to download any new app from the App Store. For every app the download button is greyed with "Download not available, learn why this item is not available". On clicking the button I get "You have logged in successfully, but this app is not available for you to download because it is related to a license of SDL Trados Studio. For more information, please see the SDL OpenExchange Terms and Conditions."

This is happening with every app, even which I have downloaded earlier.

Regards
Tejinder

djcrawford
djcrawford
Local time: 14:55
German to English
Trados 2011 and 2014 together. Possible? Oct 2, 2013

If I upgrade from Trados 2011 to 2014, will I be able to use both on the same machine under the one licence?

James

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Side by side Oct 2, 2013

djcrawford wrote:

If I upgrade from Trados 2011 to 2014, will I be able to use both on the same machine under the one licence?

James

Yes, they'll share the same upgraded licence.

Lorenzo Bermejo
Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
also Oct 2, 2013

djcrawford wrote:

James

just to follow-up with what Emma tells you:

you will be able to use both on the same machine, but if after upgrading you deactivate Studio 2011, you won't be able to activate it again!

I do recommend you to upgrade. I've been using 2014 for two days and feel very happy about it.

Gunnar Roland
Gunnar Roland  Identity Verified
Spain
Norwegian to English
+ ...
Can´t install Studio 2014 Oct 2, 2013

I just downloaded the software and shortly into the installation procedure I get the error message "Set up did not complete. The error is : Package Suite Repair Utility could not be installed. Error Number:1" Running on Windows 8, Intel i7.

Any ideas?

Gunnar

Chunyi Chen
Chunyi Chen
United States
Local time: 06:55
English to Chinese
Try using a different browser Oct 2, 2013

I had the same problem when trying to download an OE app with Google Chrome. I then used Maxthon and was able to download the app. IE should also work fine.

Hope this helps!

Chun-yi

Josef Aron wrote:

Tejinder Soodan wrote:

After upgrading to version 2014, I am unable to download any new app from the App Store. For every app the download button is greyed with "Download not available, learn why this item is not available". On clicking the button I get "You have logged in successfully, but this app is not available for you to download because it is related to a license of SDL Trados Studio. For more information, please see the SDL OpenExchange Terms and Conditions."

Regards
Tejinder

Josef Aron
Josef Aron  Identity Verified
English to Czech
+ ...
Still does not work, even in Maxthon - tested on 2 machines. Oct 2, 2013

Thank you for your suggestion Chun-yi!

I‘ve tried again with Maxthon - tested without success on 2 machines. After logging into my SDL account, I‘ve clicked on APP STORE and after finding a requested app I‘ve clicked on Download. After this, web asks to login again (strange). Afterwards, dowloading remains still banned for some reason.

Chun-yi Chen wrote:

I had the same problem when trying to download an OE app with Google Chrome. I then used Maxthon and was able to download the app. IE should also work fine.

Hope this helps!

Chun-yi

Josef Aron wrote:

Tejinder Soodan wrote:

Regards
Tejinder

Alma Flores Fernandez
Alma Flores Fernandez  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 07:55
English to Spanish
Autopropagation Oct 2, 2013

I am reviewing a very long document (33K words) with lots of repetitions and some segments are not propagating. I have unchecked track-changes but autopropagation is still not working.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »