Default project template - how to delete target languages?
Thread poster: Alexandra Becker
Alexandra Becker
Alexandra Becker
Germany
Local time: 22:31
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
May 26, 2021

Dear colleagues,
I wanted to create a new project but I get an error message saying that my version only supports 3 target languages and that I have to delete target language from default project template.
Do you have no idea where I can do this?
Thank you!
Best,
Alexandra

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 23:31
English to Russian
One Step wizard May 26, 2021

Hi Alexandra,
You'd better mention your version of software. Assuming that we are talking about Trados Studio 2021, just click the language you want to remove. A 'Close' cross icon will appear. Click it to remove this language. Also you can use Backspace or Delete buttons to the same effect. <
... See more
Hi Alexandra,
You'd better mention your version of software. Assuming that we are talking about Trados Studio 2021, just click the language you want to remove. A 'Close' cross icon will appear. Click it to remove this language. Also you can use Backspace or Delete buttons to the same effect.

[Edited at 2021-05-26 15:54 GMT]
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 23:31
English to Russian
Update May 26, 2021

Ah, I could reproduce your error message. Try this:
Go to File > Setup > Project Templates > Default > Edit > select and remove superfluous language pairs so that you have not more than 3 language pairs.

Alexandra Becker
Alexandra Becker
Germany
Local time: 22:31
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Studio 2021 - Default project template - Delete language pairs – Via Setup May 26, 2021

Dear Stepan,
Thank you very very much for your prompt und precious help - your second solution worked perfectly
All the best for you,
Alexandra

Stepan Konev

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Default project template - how to delete target languages?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »