sweetlion
sweetlion
Portugal
Local time: 15:21
Russian to English
+ ...
Aug 19, 2003

Dear All,

Who could advise how I can download cyrylic characters. I could be a great help in Business English for some of you, but I don't see Russian text !
Very many thanks.

Nikolai Muraviev
Nikolai Muraviev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 17:21
English to Russian
+ ...
Cyrillic in your Windows fonts Aug 19, 2003

sweetlion wrote:
Dear All,
Who could advise how I can download cyrylic characters. I could be a great help in Business English for some of you, but I don't see Russian text !
Very many thanks.

Normally, you have to set your Windows properly to read and write Cyrillic. No special "Cyrillic" fonts required. Just go to Control panel and check settings for Cyrillic support.
Good luck!

cherepanov
cherepanov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 17:21
Member (2005)
English to Russian
+ ...
Some websites Aug 19, 2003

Hi!

You can try download cyrillic fonts from:

http://www.proximasoftware.com/fontexpertr.htm

There are two options, one of them in English.

There are some other sites, but I have not checked if there is English version:

links-guide.ru/sprachen/slavistik/kirilliza.html
forum.oszone.net/topic.cgi?forum=1&topic=921
m
... See more
Hi!

You can try download cyrillic fonts from:

http://www.proximasoftware.com/fontexpertr.htm

There are two options, one of them in English.

There are some other sites, but I have not checked if there is English version:

links-guide.ru/sprachen/slavistik/kirilliza.html
forum.oszone.net/topic.cgi?forum=1&topic=921
megachat.ru/help/rus.asp

Dmitry
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 16:21
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
As far as I understand Aug 19, 2003

the problem is that you cannot read Russian in your web browser, right? If so, there is no need to download or install fonts, you should simply choose the correct encoding in your browser. In most browsers encoding can be choosed in the View menu. So please go there and choose Cyrillic Windows (or Win 1251 in some browsers). You should then see Russian text without any problems.

Please note that occassionally due to various reasons (glitches, for example, or somebody's mistake) the
... See more
the problem is that you cannot read Russian in your web browser, right? If so, there is no need to download or install fonts, you should simply choose the correct encoding in your browser. In most browsers encoding can be choosed in the View menu. So please go there and choose Cyrillic Windows (or Win 1251 in some browsers). You should then see Russian text without any problems.

Please note that occassionally due to various reasons (glitches, for example, or somebody's mistake) the encoding may be different (KOI 8R or unicode). In this case you should change the encoding to see the text.

[Edited at 2003-08-21 08:40]
Collapse

sweetlion
sweetlion
Portugal
Local time: 15:21
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many Thanks to You All Aug 20, 2003

So... The problem is not a problem at all now. I am so much ashamed, but also happy at a double rate at the same time. Hope to be some help soon !

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cyrylic characters

Translation news in Russian Federation

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »