Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51] >
New at ProZ.com: Outsourcer "willingness to work again" feedback for translators
Thread poster: Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 13:51
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
Jun 22, 2006

Note: The information in this thread has been updated. For a more recent discussion of WWA, see: Announcement - part 2 - option to show client "willing to work again" entries in your profile

Dear members,

As part of the June release, and in response to member requests, we are introducing a new marketing tool for your consideration:

Announcing a new feedback system

Public feedback, for personal promotion and outsourcer risk management

A system has been created to provide ProZ.com users with a means of requesting, collecting and displaying feedback from clients and colleagues in their profiles. With the new system, profile owners will have the option to show "willingness to work again" ("WWA") feedback in the upper right corner of their profiles. Doing so will be a way to appeal to potential clients who arrive at profile pages, and to set oneself apart in the ProZ.com directory.

The new feedback system is expected to become a powerful tool not only for service providers to reassure potential clients, but also for outsourcers to manage risk when locating new service providers.

Site users will now be able to request feedback from outsourcers and colleagues with whom they have worked. Colleagues and outsourcers may answer requests by providing feedback based on a yes/maybe/no scale (and optionally, a short comment). They can also take the initiative in providing public feedback to service providers with whom they have worked.

Site users will be able to show all entries of feedback received and the cumulative numbers (default option) or to hide all feedback entries from public view.

At least initially, feedback will be vetted by site staff members before it becomes visible. The purpose of this vetting will not be to confirm accuracy, but rather, to confirm that those making entries are limiting their commentary to "willingness to work again".

Additional purpose: Private record-keeping

In conjunction with the release of the public feedback system, a facility is being offered for outsourcers to keep private records for their own reference. Outsourcers who have worked with ProZ.com users will be able to enter "willingness to work again" entries without making them available to others. The reason for outsourcers to save private entries to profiles is for their own reference and efficiency in future projects. When an outsourcer visits a profile in which he/she has made a private WWA entry, and when the owner of that profile comes up in a directory search, the entry is displayed, thereby reminding the outsourcer of his/her prior experience with the person concerned.

Benefiting from the new feedback and record-keeping systems

To derive the maximum benefit from the new feedback and record-keeping systems, you are encouraged to invite clients and colleagues who use ProZ.com and have worked with you in the past, to (1) log in, (2) visit your profile, and (3) enter feedback. In turn, you are encouraged to reciprocate by visiting the profiles of those who have worked with or for you, and to make "willingness to work again" entries for them.

If you are a service provider, you should consider doing the following:
(1) Send direct invitations to outsourcers and colleague service providers, inviting them to make WWA entries in your profile
(2) If you do not do so already, consider showing your "real name" in your profile rather than your username. If what you show is your username, outsourcers to whom you have not sent your profile URL may not be able to find your profile when searching by name.

Membership and access to feedback features

Initially, all aspects of the new feedback system will be available to all site users, regardless of membership status. In the future it is likely that limits will be imposed to its use by non-members, such as a cap on the number of entries that can be made or displayed by them.

You may view feedback you've left, received, and invitations you've sent by visiting http://www.proz.com/feedback

To make use of these new features you must use your new profile, accessbile via http://www.proz.com/profile

Opting out

It is possible to opt out of displaying feedback in your profile, while continuing to receive entries that only you will see. You may turn display on and off freely as suits your purposes.

It is also possible to opt out of receiving entries. However, opting out of receiving unsolicited entries requires that you also refraining from making entries for others via this system or the Blue Board.

Adjustments to be made to this new system

This feedback system is new, and it will go through an evaluation period first. It is likely that significant adjustments will be made in the coming weeks, concerning for instance what is shown and what is used in calculating averages. We welcome your input in making this system as useful as possible.

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for supporting the site!
Enrique Cavalitto

PS: Please see below a real life example of first-day feedback

Collapse

Andreas Alfa Beta Gama
Isse Abdullahi
Fulvio Giglio
khizar hayat
niazali
Idrissa SAGARA

Walter Landesman
Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
2 Q Jun 22, 2006

Hi Enrique,

This seems to be another improvement.

However, two questions:
1. Is this feature instead or besides the Comments in Project History?
2. How are you going to translate the comments (positive, neutral, negative) already posted in the PH?

CongraZ again. I see you keep on working hard for us. Thank you, Enrique.

Walter

Isse Abdullahi
Nara Hwang (X)
niazali
Idrissa SAGARA

Enrique Cavalitto
Argentina
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Great question! Jun 22, 2006

Walter Landesman wrote:

Hi Enrique,

This seems to be another improvement.

However, two questions:
1. Is this feature instead or besides the Comments in Project History?
2. How are you going to translate the comments (positive, neutral, negative) already posted in the PH?

Good question. There are two principle differences between Projct History and the new feature:

1. Whereas PH feedback is particular to a project, profile feedback is particular to a relationship. This makes PH feedback useful in showing one's experience and areas of expertise, and profile feedback useful in showing one's ability to sustain working relationships.

2. Where PH feedback is by invitation only, profile feedback can be initiated by the poster.

Thanks for your kind words!
Enrique

Muhammad Adam
Isse Abdullahi
khizar hayat
Idrissa SAGARA

Walter Landesman
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
3rd. Q Jun 22, 2006

Enrique,

And does the same apply to feedbacks on outsourcers we have already left at the BB ?
They do not count for this new feature then, do they?

Thanks for answering.

Walter

Isse Abdullahi
Idrissa SAGARA

Kirill Semenov
Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 19:51
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
Any way to send automated invitations? Jun 22, 2006

Hi Enrique,

It looks like a great feature - thank you really much! - but can I send automated invitations to every outsourcer which has my BB or PH entry at ProZ or, even better, to select whom to send such an invitation from the list of available BB/PH entries? The current way of `searching' them (have I type their names or profile numbers or anything else, it's ambigous) does not look very convenient...

Isse Abdullahi

Enrique Cavalitto
Argentina
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Great idea! Jun 22, 2006

Kirill Semenov wrote:

Hi Enrique,

It looks like a great feature - thank you really much! - but can I send automated invitations to every outsourcer which has my BB or PH entry at ProZ or, even better, to select whom to send such an invitation from the list of available BB/PH entries? The current way of `searching' them (have I type their names or profile numbers or anything else, it's ambigous) does not look very convenient...

Great stuff Kirill!

This first version requires manually sending the feedback requests, but something on the line you suggest could be a great improvement.

Thanks,
Enrique

Isse Abdullahi

Enrique Cavalitto
Argentina
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Not the same Jun 22, 2006

Walter Landesman wrote:

And does the same apply to feedbacks on outsourcers we have already left at the BB ?
They do not count for this new feature then, do they?

No, this is a different feature.

Thanks,
Enrique

Isse Abdullahi

Vesna Zivcic
Vesna Zivcic  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:51
German to Croatian
+ ...
What happens with members/users who do not use the new profile? Jun 22, 2006

Like me, for example, because I cannot get accustomed to its busy layout...

Isse Abdullahi

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
"This user opts not to show feedback" Jun 22, 2006

Dear Enrique,

My personal policy is utter discretion and not divulging anything about my clients, so I immediately opted out of this new feature, like I did with the Portfolio and the Project options.

Now, when I click on Force visitor view, I see:
Feedback
This user opts not to show feedback

I'd prefer not to show this message to my visitors. To me it reads "Gerard has received feedback he doesn't want to share with you". Please give us the opp
... See more
Dear Enrique,

My personal policy is utter discretion and not divulging anything about my clients, so I immediately opted out of this new feature, like I did with the Portfolio and the Project options.

Now, when I click on Force visitor view, I see:
Feedback
This user opts not to show feedback

I'd prefer not to show this message to my visitors. To me it reads "Gerard has received feedback he doesn't want to share with you". Please give us the opportunity to hide the feature altogether.

Regards,
Gerard

[Edited at 2006-06-22 16:57]
Collapse

Isse Abdullahi

Vesna Zivcic
Vesna Zivcic  Identity Verified
German to Croatian
+ ...
Agree with Gerard Jun 22, 2006

Speaking as a service provider, the option for me as well isn't to show or not to show the feedback, but to participate or not to participate in this feature.

Isse Abdullahi

Riccardo Schiaffino
Riccardo Schiaffino  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:51
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Totally agree with Gerard Jun 22, 2006

Gerard de Noord wrote:

Totally agree: my customers have better things to do than being bothered with requests for such feedback.

In several cases my contracts with them even include clauses stating that we should not disclose anything about them, including the fact that they are our customers.

I'm really disappointed with the direction of these alleged "improvements" to ProZ.

Isse Abdullahi

DGK T-I
DGK T-I  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:51
Georgian to English
+ ...
Agree with Gerard and Vesna Jun 22, 2006

Customers of the site shouldn't be forced to participate in this feature if they haven't chosen to, and they shouldn't be forced to show this message on their profile if they haven't chosen to participate.

Isse Abdullahi

Cetacea
Cetacea  Identity Verified
Switzerland
English to German
+ ...
Couldn't agree more Jun 22, 2006

Customers of the site shouldn't be forced to participate in this feature if they haven't chosen to, and they shouldn't be forced to show this message on their profile if they haven't chosen to participate.

Exactly! This is all about confidentiality. And "no feedback" or "this user opts not to show feedback" makes that particular Prozian (including me...) look bad.

Isse Abdullahi
Idrissa SAGARA

Victor Dewsbery
Victor Dewsbery  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Another agree Jun 22, 2006

And the same applies to "portfolio".
If we choose not to use a feature, this feature should not be visible on the profile. Or at least it should be possible to hide the feature.

This is obviously possible, because the sections for rates and job history are not shown if they contain no data. So it should be extended to "portfolio" and "feedback".

Isse Abdullahi

Walter Landesman
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
it is optional Jun 22, 2006

Cetacea wrote:

Exactly! This is all about confidentiality. And "no feedback" or "this user opts not to show feedback" makes that particular Prozian (including me...) look bad.

Hi Cetacea,

Costumers are NOT forced to participate. Neither do Proz members. It`s an optional feature that enhances (I believe) our visibility and chances to meet new clients.

None of the clients I asked to leave feedback for the PH has complained so far and most of them have already left feedback.

As many other features in this and other sites, members can opt to use or not use them.

That is one of the good things here. So many things to choose from that allow you to make up the site and your profile according to your own preferences.

I agree with you, though, that the "this user opts not to show feedback" may look odd. So I would not posted in those cases. Just omit the comments, leave it blank.

Other than that, I insist it is a good feature for those who choose to use it. And I certainly will.

Isse Abdullahi

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New at ProZ.com: Outsourcer "willingness to work again" feedback for translators

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »