Zea_Mays
Zea_Mays  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 11:33
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Apr 22

Bug 1: 3 out of 5 profile "visitors" are actually bots/crawlers that should be counted in the related tab.
Today I had to filter out so many bots, that my 260 monthly profile visitors dropped to around 100.

Bug 2: While filtering out the bots, I clicked on the link to a search someone did in the directory through which they came to my profile. I landed on the related directory page with the filters applied by that person, and I actually was #
... See more
Bug 1: 3 out of 5 profile "visitors" are actually bots/crawlers that should be counted in the related tab.
Today I had to filter out so many bots, that my 260 monthly profile visitors dropped to around 100.

Bug 2: While filtering out the bots, I clicked on the link to a search someone did in the directory through which they came to my profile. I landed on the related directory page with the filters applied by that person, and I actually was #3 in the list, but the ProZ system was of another opinion (see screenshot below).

you do not appear in this search
Collapse

TargamaT team
Iris Schmerda

Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Just sth. I noticed Apr 22

Just like the bug thread from ibz dated April 19, this thread also does not appear under "Recent topics in translator forums" on the homepage.

I wonder if that's intentional or itself a bug.

And at the top of Zea's post it says "Last 10 posts" but there only seems to be 1.

Alison MacG

Cilian O'Tuama
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Strange Apr 22

Now the "Last 10 posts" has disappeared, just 1-2 minutes later.

Cilian O'Tuama
Germany
German to English
+ ...
It seems Apr 23

Apparently it's best not to bother pointing out possible weaknesses. Even if you just wish to contribute to improving the place. The site's interests seem to lie elsewhere.

It seems like all discussions about bugs are hidden from general view?

But why?

Zea_Mays
Italy
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not visible? Apr 23

Is this thread not in this view: https://www.proz.com/forum ?

Zea_Mays
Italy
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Bugs forum is not displayed on homepage Apr 23

I just tried to change settings for the Homepage here https://www.proz.com/dashboard/forum/?sp_forum_mode=homepage_forums, including the Bugs forum, and I confirm it does not show up there.

Cilian O'Tuama
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Support ticket? Apr 23

Zea,

Have you considered submitting a support ticket?

As a paying member and topic starter, you probably have a better chance of getting through to them.

Or to get more feedback or attention, you could try moving the thread from "Bugs" to e.g. "Off-topic".

I mean, what's the point in having a forum if it's not visible!?

Just suggestions.

[Edited at 2024-04-23 23:01 GMT]

Zea_Mays

Anne Maclennan
Anne Maclennan  Identity Verified
Member (2010)
German to English
+ ...
Is this a bug? Apr 29

I have just looked at the jobs list in old format. Then I clicked on “return to list”. The view switched to the new format, which does not display the two most recent job offers. In fact it displays nothing more recent than Friday 26 April and all the jobs displayed in the new view are closed. So how do we find out about new job offers?
I have commented on the disparity between the two job list formats before, but nothing seems to be done about it.
Still, we can keep on hoping…
... See more
I have just looked at the jobs list in old format. Then I clicked on “return to list”. The view switched to the new format, which does not display the two most recent job offers. In fact it displays nothing more recent than Friday 26 April and all the jobs displayed in the new view are closed. So how do we find out about new job offers?
I have commented on the disparity between the two job list formats before, but nothing seems to be done about it.
Still, we can keep on hoping… and looking elsewhere for work. I have to ask: why am I paying a subscription for a service like this?!
Collapse

Zea_Mays
Cilian O'Tuama

Zea_Mays
Italy
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Enjoy random bugs Apr 29

Anne Maclennan wrote:

Still, we can keep on hoping… and looking elsewhere for work. I have to ask: why am I paying a subscription for a service like this?!

This is a special bug, called "random job display", and it happens to random users.
I have been among the lucky people myself last week, while today both views seem to be synced.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Hello bugs #n

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »