Poll: Which is your favourite time of the year?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Jul 22

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Which is your favourite time of the year?".

View the poll results »

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 03:08
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Other Jul 22

I don't have a favourite season; I like them all for different reasons. I have a favourite weather: a blend of sunny but not too warm…

Peter Simon
neilmac

Michele Fauble
Michele Fauble  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:08
Member (2006)
Norwegian to English
+ ...
No contest Jul 22

Always loved autumn.

Liena Vijupe

Kuochoe Nikoi-Kotei
Kuochoe Nikoi-Kotei  Identity Verified
Ghana
Local time: 02:08
Japanese to English
July/August Jul 23

This time of the year, because it's relatively cool here in Accra. By "cool," I mean a high of 26°C and a low of 24°C today. Awesome! It even drizzles sometimes, double-awesome!

Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:08
German to English
+ ...
Summer time, when the clocks go forward,... Jul 23

...when it's brighter for longer in the evening.

I always welcome the switch to summer time, even though it means I get an hour's less sleep when the switch happens. The pros outweigh the cons.

Alex Lichanow
Alex Lichanow
Germany
Member (2020)
English to German
+ ...
Autumn Jul 23

I can't deal with heat very well and "winter" in Germany is mostly just a prolonged and depressing autumn, so September and October are my favourite time of the year.

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Other Jul 23

All seasons have their pros and cons. Summer is great until it gets too hot and winter can be fun if you have the appropriate clothing...

Sebastian Witte

Edith van der Have
Edith van der Have
Netherlands
Member (2016)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Beginning of summer Jul 23

Now, that's a good compromise between spring and summer, isn't it? It has the beautiful nature (fresh, light green tree leaves; many flowers), long days, already quite warm weather and the option to swim in our neighbourhood swimming pool, which opens up at the end of April. And hedonic habituation of all these lovely environmental factors hasn't kicked in yet.

Summer Jul 23

Hardly any work to do👌

Josephine Cassar
Josephine Cassar  Identity Verified
Malta
Member (2012)
English to Maltese
+ ...
Summer Jul 23

Summer as, though it's getting far too hot in the southern Mediterranean region, I can go swimming in the sea not in a spa which I hate. The benefices of swimming in the sea are numerous and superior to those of swimming in a spa. We tend to go out more too, though summer season is disruptive for families with members having various activities to attend to and going here and there, unlike winter where the family meets more. Also in summer, I have no problems with walking but in winter, my feet s... See more
Summer as, though it's getting far too hot in the southern Mediterranean region, I can go swimming in the sea not in a spa which I hate. The benefices of swimming in the sea are numerous and superior to those of swimming in a spa. We tend to go out more too, though summer season is disruptive for families with members having various activities to attend to and going here and there, unlike winter where the family meets more. Also in summer, I have no problems with walking but in winter, my feet seem to hurt far more as they are enclosed in trainers or shoes, whatever. My feet are frozen in winter so I cannot walk or find it difficult to walk and have to keep using an ice pack-wonderful pain reliever..

[Edited at 2024-07-23 09:55 GMT]
Collapse

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 03:08
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
. Jul 23

Kuochoe Nikoi-Kotei wrote:

This time of the year, because it's relatively cool here in Accra. By "cool," I mean a high of 26°C and a low of 24°C today. Awesome! It even drizzles sometimes, double-awesome!

The experience of temperature is highly subjective. Years ago, my sister lived in Brazil and I lived in Belgium. While on the phone with her, she complained that it was cold. When I asked her what the temperature was, she said 15°C. She was in the middle of winter and I was in the middle of summer, both with exactly the same temperature!!!

Chris Says Bye
Sebastian Witte

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
July Jul 23

July probably, about this time.

I used to also like winters, when my birthday is, as I always had “white birthdays” growing up, but that changed a lot due to the global warming, and there’s almost no snow any more in the city (maybe only some on the mountains). For the past five years, my birthday feels more like the spring time.

[Edited at 2024-07-23 13:09 GMT]

Jorge Payan
Jorge Payan  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 21:08
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
None Jul 24

In the tropics, where I live, there are no seasons like spring, summer, autumn, or winter. I could spend the entire year by the pool, but I have to earn a living as well. Christmas is always my favorite time of the year, as all my children come home from different parts of the world.

[Edited at 2024-07-24 04:09 GMT]

Baran Keki
Baran Keki  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 05:08
English to Turkish
No work in summer Jul 24

Christopher Schröder wrote:
Hardly any work to do👌

Are you a school teacher in disguise?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Which is your favourite time of the year?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »