Thread poster: Giorgio Rinaldi
Andrea Filippo Tuveri
Andrea Filippo Tuveri  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 03:30
English to Italian
Thanks + question about this quick fix Jul 16

Rita Translator wrote:

They're going to release a new build that fixes the problem, but for now there's a quick fix for 11.0 and 10.2. Write a ticket to the support team to get access.

Update: Nevermind, apparently DeepL changed something else a few hours ago and now the memoQ fix is broken again...

[Edited at 2024-07-16 13:21 GMT]

Thanks Rita for sharing this update from MemoQ!
Do you know if each one of us does really need to open a single MemoQ Support ticket or if we can simply share the fix? Sounds so strange not to be able to download a fix without opening necessarily a ticket.

Thanks!

Andrea

Mario Chávez
Mario Chávez
United States
Local time: 21:30
Member (Jun 2024)
English to Spanish
+ ...
DeepL API, two flavors Jul 17

Back in January 2024, I reviewed several MT APIs, including DeepL, for compatibility in memoQ 10.x. I was able to stress test the basic APIs from Amazon Translate, Microsoft Translator (Azure) and Google Translate Basic alongside memoQ's own AGT.

The problem with DeepL, which I reported to my managers, was that it offers two types of APIs, one for the free service and another for the DeepL Pro subscription. Despite DeepL's and memoQ's online instructions, I was always unable to acti
... See more
Back in January 2024, I reviewed several MT APIs, including DeepL, for compatibility in memoQ 10.x. I was able to stress test the basic APIs from Amazon Translate, Microsoft Translator (Azure) and Google Translate Basic alongside memoQ's own AGT.

The problem with DeepL, which I reported to my managers, was that it offers two types of APIs, one for the free service and another for the DeepL Pro subscription. Despite DeepL's and memoQ's online instructions, I was always unable to activate the free DeepL API key and couldn't run that plugin on memoQ 10.x

I am assuming that the OP here was referring to the free DeepL API plugin and not the subscription-based one.
Collapse

Rita Translator
Rita Translator  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
nope Jul 17

Mario Chávez wrote:

The problem with DeepL, which I reported to my managers, was that it offers two types of APIs, one for the free service and another for the DeepL Pro subscription. Despite DeepL's and memoQ's online instructions, I was always unable to activate the free DeepL API key and couldn't run that plugin on memoQ 10.x

I am assuming that the OP here was referring to the free DeepL API plugin and not the subscription-based one.

No, it's the subscription-based one that's not working.

Giorgio Rinaldi
Christiane Müller
HYTO

Giorgio Rinaldi
Giorgio Rinaldi  Identity Verified
Belgium
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
the more the better Jul 17

Andrea Filippo Tuveri wrote:

Rita Translator wrote:

They're going to release a new build that fixes the problem, but for now there's a quick fix for 11.0 and 10.2. Write a ticket to the support team to get access.

Update: Nevermind, apparently DeepL changed something else a few hours ago and now the memoQ fix is broken again...

[Edited at 2024-07-16 13:21 GMT]

Thanks Rita for sharing this update from MemoQ!
Do you know if each one of us does really need to open a single MemoQ Support ticket or if we can simply share the fix? Sounds so strange not to be able to download a fix without opening necessarily a ticket.

Thanks!

Andrea

Hi Andrea Filippo,
I suppose that the more tickets they receive, the more motivated they will be to fix it
(two tickets is megl che uan cit.)

Andrea Filippo Tuveri

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
DeepL not working Jul 17

Is it just me or did DeepL stop working in Studio 2022, too?

Correction:
It did not stop, one just has to go to the individual language option to activate DeepL in Studio. This did not happen to me before ... Wondering

[Edited at 2024-07-17 08:16 GMT]

Giorgio Rinaldi
Giorgio Rinaldi  Identity Verified
Belgium
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
fixed but only for version(s) 10.2.26 (MR11 RC2), 11.0.19 (MR3), 11.2 (develop), 11.1.Next Jul 17

"Thank you very much for helping us make memoQ better.
We would like to inform you that the issue you reported and we submitted for fixing has been fixed, and will probably be released in version(s) 10.2.26 (MR11 RC2), 11.0.19 (MR3), 11.2 (develop), 11.1.Next (release-11-1)"

This does not make much sense.
I opened a ticket for my version 9.10.17, not other versions.
I believe that all versions that could use the plug-in until now should be able to keep on u
... See more
We would like to inform you that the issue you reported and we submitted for fixing has been fixed, and will probably be released in version(s) 10.2.26 (MR11 RC2), 11.0.19 (MR3), 11.2 (develop), 11.1.Next (release-11-1)"

I believe that all versions that could use the plug-in until now should be able to keep on using it.
I told them this. Let's what they answer.
Collapse

Andrea Filippo Tuveri
Wolfgang Schoene
HYTO

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Deepl - memoQ Jul 17

Deepl is not working for me, integrated into memoQ 11.0.17

Nick Briggs
Nick Briggs
United Kingdom
Wish I had of seen this yesterday Jul 18

Why oh why .... when an issue like this occurs don't memoQ send out an automated email to all those license holders that have a deepl integration informing of the issue.

Wasted hours uninstalling DEEPL reconfiguring the plug in yesterday as was sure something was wrong.

Piotr Zięba
Piotr Zięba  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2012)
English to Polish
Still not working Jul 18

Giorgio Rinaldi wrote:

I believe that all versions that could use the plug-in until now should be able to keep on using it.
I told them this. Let's what they answer.

FYI, this isn't fixed. They are working on a fix and are going to incorporate it to future memoQ version mentioned above.
For now no option to use DeepL plug-in in memoQ...

GenCL
GenCL  Identity Verified
Canada
Spanish to French
+ ...
Latest answer from memoQ technical support Jul 18

This is the latest answer I obtained from a technical support engineer at memoQ:

"Several days ago DeepL made changes to their API that made the hotfix obsolete.

However, our developers fixed the issue and we are planning to release memoQ 11.0 this week and memoQ 10.2 next week Monday."

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Hm... Jul 18

[quote]Piotr Zięba wrote:

Giorgio Rinaldi wrote:

FYI, this isn't fixed. They are working on a fix and are going to incorporate it to future memoQ version mentioned above.
For now no option to use DeepL plug-in in memoQ...

This means they are forcing users of versions before v10 to upgrade (if you want to use the DeepL API).

[Edited at 2024-07-18 13:18 GMT]

HYTO

Jan Truper
Jan Truper  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
works again Jul 19

I just installed a fresh upgrade to memoQ 11.0.20 -- their Deepl API plugin works again.

Piotr Zięba
Piotr Zięba  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2012)
English to Polish
Great Jul 19

Good to know. This release must have appeared overnight. It wasn't available yesterday.

Andrea Bauer
Andrea Bauer  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to German
+ ...
Some news for other MemoQ versions? Jul 19

Are there any news for versions starting from 10?

I still wasn't able to fix the problem and yesterday DeepL support replied to my ticket that MemoQ is working on it.
So it's a problem within MemoQ I guess.

Andrea

Aurélie Duclos
Aurélie Duclos  Identity Verified
France
English to French
Working with MemoQ 11.0 Jul 19

Thanks for this thread and all the updates! I downloaded MemoQ 11 and DeepL is working again

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DeepL plug-in suddenly not working in memoQ

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »