When an asker plays the rule of fair play
Thread poster: CHENOUMI (X)
CHENOUMI (X)
CHENOUMI (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Mar 25, 2003

This posting is about KudoZ points awarded.

Immediately after he had made his choice, I received from an asker in the En > SP KudoZ language pair, an e-mail in which he was acknowledging that my answer was the best.

This is not the first time that I get similar messages. In the EN > FR pair, for instance, askers sometimes apologize for their swiftness in grading; others have also deplored the very same fact. Likewise, another asker fo
... See more
This posting is about KudoZ points awarded.

Immediately after he had made his choice, I received from an asker in the En > SP KudoZ language pair, an e-mail in which he was acknowledging that my answer was the best.

This is not the first time that I get similar messages. In the EN > FR pair, for instance, askers sometimes apologize for their swiftness in grading; others have also deplored the very same fact. Likewise, another asker for the SP > FR pair, last year had emailed me at once to list all the reasons why he was concurring with my well-reasoned response, and why my answer was indeed the most appropriate one. He took advantage of the opportunity to address flattering words about my translation track record in general.

The reason why I am making public the latest occurrence is because I wish to salute the askers\' honesty, and to stress that there is more to KudoZ than KudoZ points.

Personally, I have surpassed the phase of sheer thrill over the \"Kudoz Congratulations\" infomail, and I have become completely indifferent when the message caption reads \"Answer selected\".

My joy lies in making quality contributions and in the satisfaction that they are being appreciated for their intrinsic worth.

Perhaps, in the near future, in our ever-improving great site, translators will soon be able to also award KudoZ to askers, based on their diligence to grade on time, their ability to select the best answers or lack thereof, on the number of answers left ungraded, their chronic misgrading, or Kudoz soliciting abuse.

I am indeed very happy to see that an asker can be such a gentleman.

Once again, KudoZ to the asker for his great fair play!

Have a great week, you All!

Sandra

[ This Message was edited by: CHENOUMI on 2003-03-27 20:13]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

When an asker plays the rule of fair play

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Pastey
Your smart companion app

Pastey is an innovative desktop application that bridges the gap between human expertise and artificial intelligence. With intuitive keyboard shortcuts, Pastey transforms your source text into AI-powered draft translations.

Find out more »