Thread poster: Stephanie Wloch
Stephanie Wloch
Stephanie Wloch  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:21
Member (2003)
Dutch to German
Aug 18, 2005

You are very fast in upgrading the Kudoz-design.:-)
All the icons could help the asker to choose the best answer.
I was very pleased about the native language icon and I am very happy with the credential icon, because this is a little reward for all the sweat I've lost last year during the examination in a Dutch mansion.:grin:

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:21
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
But how do you prove them? Aug 18, 2005

I just posted this under another topic:

I see my claims of certification (Fellow of the Institute of Linguists, Member of the Institute of translation and Interpreting)
are considered unconfirmed. How do I go about confirming them to you? Should I send an email with images of the certificates to [email protected], or what?

I have now done that, hoping it will achieve the desired result.

(No reply in other
... See more
I just posted this under another topic:

I see my claims of certification (Fellow of the Institute of Linguists, Member of the Institute of translation and Interpreting)
are considered unconfirmed. How do I go about confirming them to you? Should I send an email with images of the certificates to [email protected], or what?

I have now done that, hoping it will achieve the desired result.

(No reply in other topic yet, nor confirmation of receipt of my email).
Collapse

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 11:21
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Two things to do Aug 18, 2005

Hi Jack

After writing to info@... you'll receive an automatic response that says that that account is not checked on a regular basis or something like that. Send a Support Request saying that you just sent your documents, and your Support Request will receive an answer.

Regards

Claudia

Stephanie Wloch
Stephanie Wloch  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Dutch to German
TOPIC STARTER
verification - sent credential by fax Aug 18, 2005

Hello Jack,
I understood that you have to do it by fax, which I sent to the
US adres. I do not remember how long it took, maybe 2 weeks?
UPDATE: Claudia's informations are surely more up to date.:-)

I was wondering that there weren't more people asking for a verification for their credential. But I think that more and more fellow translators will do so, because now in Kudoz the icon got a prominent position.

Regards
Steffi

[Edited at 2005-
... See more
Hello Jack,
I understood that you have to do it by fax, which I sent to the
US adres. I do not remember how long it took, maybe 2 weeks?
UPDATE: Claudia's informations are surely more up to date.:-)

I was wondering that there weren't more people asking for a verification for their credential. But I think that more and more fellow translators will do so, because now in Kudoz the icon got a prominent position.

Regards
Steffi

[Edited at 2005-08-18 14:02]
Collapse

Chinoise
Chinoise  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:21
English to Chinese
+ ...
A small favor: Aug 18, 2005

Hi Claudia,

I would like to report my credential to ProZ.com. I have aleady scanned the document. Would you please let me know to which email address I should send my document? After doing that, should I send a support request as well?

TIA.

Claudia Iglesias wrote:
Send a Support Request saying that you just sent your documents, and your Support Request will receive an answer.
Regards
Claudia

Claudia Iglesias
Chile
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Support, not info Aug 18, 2005

Sorry Jack, chinoise made me check my support messages (I keep everything). In fact you must send the scanned documents to [email protected].
Then you receive an answer like this one
This is an automated reply to your message to [email protected].

Please be aware ... See more
Sorry Jack, chinoise made me check my support messages (I keep everything). In fact you must send the scanned documents to [email protected].
Then you receive an answer like this one
This is an automated reply to your message to [email protected].

Please be aware that [email protected] is no longer being actively
monitored. Your email is unlikely to receive a response.

To contact the ProZ.com support team, please submit a support request
using the online support center:

http://www.proz.com/support

Then, you send a Support Request explaining that you just sent the documents and it should work.

Good luck

Claudia

[Edited at 2005-08-18 14:25]
Collapse

Jack Doughty
United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Thank you, Claudia Aug 18, 2005

I have now sent the support request as well as the image attachments. Thank you for the information.

Chinoise
Chinoise  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:21
English to Chinese
+ ...
Thank you , Claudia, Aug 18, 2005

Your suggestion is very helpful, for which I thank you.

Claudia Iglesias wrote:

To contact the ProZ.com support team, please submit a support request
using the online support center:

http://www.proz.com/support

Then, you send a Support Request explaining that you just sent the documents and it should work.

Good luck

Claudia

[Edited at 2005-08-18 15:00]

Jack Doughty
United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Send credentials to Patrick Aug 18, 2005

Just had a reply to my Support Request from Patrick Dotterer, saying it would be better to send the credentials to him at [email protected]

Gina W
Gina W
United States
Member (2003)
French to English
Why would it show someone's credentials as unconfirmed? Aug 18, 2005

I don't see why it would ever say "unconfirmed". I can understand why, on the other hand, it would say "confirmed", but why make a point of saying "unconfirmed"? That's not a positive thing so why would this be something that would actually be posted? It doesn't apply to me anyway but I just don't understand the basis for this. Sure, now it has gotten some people (on this thread) to verify their credentials, but it still just comes across to me as a negative.

JMO.

Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
MY credentials (confirmed) DO NOT appear, why not? Aug 18, 2005

In answering a question, NONE of my credentials figure.... I wonder why not. I see other people's do...mine have all been verified, so I'm curious....

Maria Karra
Maria Karra  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2000)
Greek to English
+ ...
why "unconfirmed" Aug 19, 2005

gad wrote:

I don't see why it would ever say "unconfirmed". I can understand why, on the other hand, it would say "confirmed", but why make a point of saying "unconfirmed"? That's not a positive thing so why would this be something that would actually be posted?

Hi gad.
I'm sorry to have to say this, and it should not be happening, but there are some profiles where the "credentials" information is not correct. (OK, why play with words? The information is not true; it's made up.) E.g. names of institutes which do not really provide certifications or other types of credentials. I know this is not the norm, but these cases do exist. I believe that by adding "unconfirmed" to those profiles we are helping outsourcers, who may want to doublecheck or ask the translator for more information about these credentials.
Matria

Claudia Iglesias
Chile
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Send a Support Request Aug 19, 2005

Lia Fail wrote:

In answering a question, NONE of my credentials figure.... I wonder why not. I see other people's do...mine have all been verified, so I'm curious....

It's probably a bug related to the new layout, send a Support Request with links to the question where they don't appear.
Note that when credentials are verified, even if there are more than one, it's only one icon that appears.

Claudia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Credential icon looks great

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »