Danish language and proz.net
Thread poster: Suzanne Blangsted (X)
Suzanne Blangsted (X)
Suzanne Blangsted (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:19
Danish to English
+ ...
Sep 17, 2003

When attempting to use the Proz.net in answering or posting questions, the program does not support the Danish language and "throws out" some of the text.

I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it hoping it will work better. Any suggestions as to what could be wrong?

[Edited at 2003-09-17 21:15]

Hermann Bruns
Hermann Bruns  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:19
English to German
What is thrown out? Sep 18, 2003

Hello,

thanks for the bug report.

What exactly is being "thrown out"? Which pieces of information were affected?

Thanks
Hermann

Suzanne Blangsted (X)
Suzanne Blangsted (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:19
Danish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
letters missing Sep 18, 2003

I was writing a word that included the Danish "ø" in indkøringsfilter, and this showed up as indk?gsfilter, e.g. eliminating 3 letters. This is the second time the program acted up. I have seen the same problem with in other Danish answers to questions. The problem appears to be with the three Danish letters Æ (æ) Ø (ø) Å (å), where the program removes that letter plus the following two letters.

Steffen Walter
Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
German umlauts and French diacritics, too Sep 18, 2003

Hi Hermann,

While we're at it: During the last few days, I've repeatedly noticed KudoZ answers where German umlauts and the "Es-Zet" - ß - (and in some cases even half of the word in which they occurred) disappeared or were replaced by question marks or square boxes. The same holds true for French diacritics.

This bug seems to occur exclusively in the new KudoZ design.... See more
Hi Hermann,

While we're at it: During the last few days, I've repeatedly noticed KudoZ answers where German umlauts and the "Es-Zet" - ß - (and in some cases even half of the word in which they occurred) disappeared or were replaced by question marks or square boxes. The same holds true for French diacritics.

This bug seems to occur exclusively in the new KudoZ design.

Please have a look at
http://www.proz.com/kudoz/524459
to see what I mean.

MTIA for further investigations,
Steffen

[Edited at 2003-09-18 20:20]
Collapse

Nigel Skipper (X)
Nigel Skipper (X)
Swedish to English
Swedish occasionally, too Sep 19, 2003

Yes, I have noticed the same with some, just some, of the Swedish messages on Kudoz, although it seemed to me that the fault was restricted to certain contributors, - strange?

//Nigel Skipper

Steffen Walter
Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Bug restricted to KudoZ.net users? Sep 19, 2003

Nigel Skipper wrote:

Yes, I have noticed the same with some, just some, of the Swedish messages on Kudoz, although it seemed to me that the fault was restricted to certain contributors, - strange?

//Nigel Skipper

Hi Nigel,

Your observation leads me to assume that only KudoZ.net users might be affected. Hermann, could you shed some light on this?

MTIA,
Steffen

Narasimhan Raghavan
Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:49
English to Tamil
+ ...
In memoriam
And smileys come on where none is intended Sep 19, 2003

Suddenly an emoticon replaces some letters and this is exasperating, especially one is dead serious! Hope no smiley comes into this message. If they come, I have not invited them.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Danish language and proz.net

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »