KudoZ.NET encoding: problem with one specific question, and general points.
Thread poster: Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:52
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Sep 8, 2003

The last question I asked about a KudoZ problem produced no reply on the general point I was asking about, though the specific problem was solved. I hope I have better luck this time.

For KudoZ Russian-English question 516442, the email link takes me to a page on which the title of the question is displayed correctly in Cyrillic encoding, but the body of it appears as it does when Western European encoding is used, even though I am set to Cyrillic Windows encoding on my computer.
... See more
The last question I asked about a KudoZ problem produced no reply on the general point I was asking about, though the specific problem was solved. I hope I have better luck this time.

For KudoZ Russian-English question 516442, the email link takes me to a page on which the title of the question is displayed correctly in Cyrillic encoding, but the body of it appears as it does when Western European encoding is used, even though I am set to Cyrillic Windows encoding on my computer. Also tried Unicode UTF-8 encoding but nothing changed.

In general, questions sent in via KudoZ.NET appear in my notification email list (I am using Outlook Express) as a series of question marks, though when I open the page, they are shown correctly in Cyrillic (which questions NOT sent via KudoZ.NET are not - I have to change the encoding on the page to Windows Cyrillic to read them, so I usually use the link to the question page without bothering to do this).
Collapse

Alex Lilo
Alex Lilo
Local time: 03:52
English to Russian
+ ...
Encoding Sep 8, 2003

I experience just the same problem with Russian fonts, even though I have a Russian version of MS Windows XP, latest Russian IE and MS Outlook, all the software just recently updated.
The most common problem is the Russian interface language on the webpage. I can't read it at all even after trying most of the encoding set in my browser.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

KudoZ.NET encoding: problem with one specific question, and general points.

Pastey
Your smart companion app

Pastey is an innovative desktop application that bridges the gap between human expertise and artificial intelligence. With intuitive keyboard shortcuts, Pastey transforms your source text into AI-powered draft translations.

Find out more »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »