Is it true that KudoZ points are set to zero after a certain period of time?
Thread poster: savaria (X)
savaria (X)
savaria (X)
Hungary
Local time: 00:08
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Jun 19, 2008

I have read somewhere on this site something like that the KudoZ points are set to zero after a certain period of time has passed.Is that true?And if so,when?At the end of the year?If not,then Iam sorry.

Marie-Hélène Hayles
Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:08
Italian to English
+ ...
Absolutely not true Jun 19, 2008

I've no idea where you heard that, but it's definitely not true. Kudoz points are eternal.

What might change is your ranking based on the number of points you've earned in the last year, but that's all, and even that is only relative to people who've earned exactly the same number of points overall as you for a given language pair and field.

[Edited at 2008-06-19 16:39]

Wolfgang Jörissen
Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Belize
Dutch to German
+ ...
No way Jun 19, 2008

Well, if so, then you know more than I do. I only just became a KudoZ moderator, but I have never seen an option nor a regulation to set KudoZ points to zero. And I would probably resign if there was.

yaotl
yaotl  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 16:08
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Urban legend Jun 19, 2008

No, I have 3 years here and I can say that is absolutely false.

jacana54 (X)
jacana54 (X)  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
You're probably thinking of this: Jun 20, 2008

Gábor:

Maybe you're heard something like this:

"- Time passes (potentially causing your point total over the last three months to drop)."

If you go to the FAQ about Kudoz and look at No. 30, you will read that.

This means that if you look at the leaders in points for the past 3 months, your total may be lower, but that is simply because a different 3-month period is being considered.

If you go to the 12-month or all-time totals, y
... See more
Gábor:

Maybe you're heard something like this:

"- Time passes (potentially causing your point total over the last three months to drop)."

If you go to the FAQ about Kudoz and look at No. 30, you will read that.

This means that if you look at the leaders in points for the past 3 months, your total may be lower, but that is simply because a different 3-month period is being considered.

If you go to the 12-month or all-time totals, your points will still be there.

Lucía
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it true that KudoZ points are set to zero after a certain period of time?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Pastey
Your smart companion app

Pastey is an innovative desktop application that bridges the gap between human expertise and artificial intelligence. With intuitive keyboard shortcuts, Pastey transforms your source text into AI-powered draft translations.

Find out more »