Manage "what I'm working on now" data on your behalf
投稿者: cetian
cetian
cetian
ポルトガル
Mar 4, 2023

Hi, I hope this is the correct forum for my query. Sorry in advance, if I made a mistake.

When I try to connect CafeTran with my ProZ account, there is a warning saying that:

CafeTran Espresso wants to:

Does this mean that details from the translation I am working on (it's details, length, language, or worse, the name) will be shared by CafeTran in any forum or any public space?

... See more
Hi, I hope this is the correct forum for my query. Sorry in advance, if I made a mistake.

When I try to connect CafeTran with my ProZ account, there is a warning saying that:

CafeTran Espresso wants to:

Does this mean that details from the translation I am working on (it's details, length, language, or worse, the name) will be shared by CafeTran in any forum or any public space?

I don't want that to happen. If there is any information about my current translation being shared, I want to be the one who shares it, I don't want any automation or data collection.

[Edited at 2023-03-04 21:26 GMT]
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
オランダ
2006に入会
ドイツ語 から オランダ語
You don't need to use this. Mar 5, 2023

You can disable / not use it.

cetian
cetian
ポルトガル
TOPIC STARTER
Should I first accept it and then disable it? Mar 5, 2023

@Hans Lenting

Where can I disable it?
Is it a feature of CafeTran or a configuration at ProZ?

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
ポーランド
Local time: 08:48
2016に入会
英語 から ポーランド語
+ ...
ProZ.com WIWO Mar 6, 2023

CafeTran does not send any translation details to ProZ.com without your knowledge and specific action. If you wish you can only share such information knowingly by typing it in the specific WIWO (What I'm working on) panel, just like you might do it via ProZ.com directly here: https://www.proz.com/wiwo/

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
オランダ
2006に入会
ドイツ語 から オランダ語
Had to start Windows: Igor was faster ... Mar 6, 2023

Sorry for the late reply.

I just took a screenshot and since it would be a shame not to use it, I'm posting it here:
Screen Shot 2023-03-06 at 09.39.38
To repeat myself: You don't have to share any info, if you don't want to.

Happy translating with CafeTran Espresso!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

このフォーラムのモデレーター
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »