Track changes? (In CafeTran for SDL file) Product Version CafeTran: CafeTran Espresso 10.7 Doughnut
Inițiatorul discuției: Marion Schick
Marion Schick
Marion Schick  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:22
din engleză în germană
Sep 21, 2022

Dear all,
I received a Trados file for proofreading and my client would like to see the changes I made (I'm using the CafeTran Version as above).
Do I get it right that this is only possible for Version 11 (and higher, if available)?
If not - how can I adjust the settings so that my client can track the changes? Is there a way?
Thanks a million for your support!
Marion

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
din engleză în franceză
+ ...
Track changes Sep 21, 2022

Hi Marion,

Yes, the track changes feature is supported in CafeTran from version 11 and higher.

You can download it and install it from here: https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/forums/6000148195

In your situation you
... See more
Hi Marion,

Yes, the track changes feature is supported in CafeTran from version 11 and higher.

You can download it and install it from here: https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/forums/6000148195

In your situation you can, however, suggest the use of TQAuditor’s Quick Compare feature, to produce an Excel report highlighting any changes made during revision, by comparing the translated and the reviewed bilingual file.

This should be sufficient for your client's needs.

If you register with TQAuditor (free), you can also keep a history of these jobs and access a few more actions.

Since TQAuditor supports bilingual files from various CAT tools, it represents a universal, “CAT-tool-agnostic” solution for producing translation reviews. This means you can open the SDLXLIFF files to review, make the necessary changes in your preferred CAT tool, and then create a comparison report in TQAuditor.

HTH
Collapse

Marion Schick
Marion Schick  Identity Verified
din engleză în germană
INIŢIATORUL SUBIECTULUI
Thank you!!! Sep 21, 2022

Awesome Jean, thank you!!!

Jean Dimitriadis

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Ţările de Jos
Membru (2006)
din engleză în afrikaans
+ ...
Ask the client Sep 21, 2022

Jean Dimitriadis wrote:

It may or may not be. Better ask the client.

Jean Dimitriadis
din engleză în franceză
+ ...
Should Sep 21, 2022

Samuel Murray wrote:

Jean Dimitriadis wrote:

It may or may not be. Better ask the client.

That's right, this is obviously something to confirm with the client.

That's why in my OP, I said Marion may "suggest the use of TQAuditor’s Quick Compare feature".

In case it wasn't clear, "should"was "used to indicate what is probable" (Oxford Dictionary).

[Edited at 2022-09-22 05:44 GMT]

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Ţările de Jos
Membru (2006)
din germană în olandeză
Error Sep 22, 2022

Jean Dimitriadis wrote:

In your situation you can, however, suggest the use of TQAuditor’s Quick Compare feature, to produce an Excel report highlighting any changes made during revision, by comparing the translated and the reviewed bilingual file.

When I upload these CafeTran Espresso XLF files, I only get this error message:

Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 14.05.04

Jean Dimitriadis
din engleză în franceză
+ ...
CafeTran XLF support Sep 22, 2022

I had asked the devs to add CafeTran XLF support in the past and they did. TQAuditor was able to handle XLF files, although I remember there was one nagging issue.

I suppose they dropped the support, or something has changed in some other way.

Maybe you can contact them.

[Edited at 2022-09-22 12:52 GMT]

Hans Lenting

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Ţările de Jos
Membru (2006)
din germană în olandeză
I did Sep 23, 2022

Jean Dimitriadis wrote:

Maybe you can contact them.

So I did. So let's wait and see why they left out the technologically leading CAT tool.

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Ţările de Jos
Membru (2006)
din germană în olandeză
Ticket Sep 23, 2022

I just received a reply from a Customer Support Manager:

We have created a corresponding ticket and will get back to you when there is a result.

Sophia Fourlari
Sophia Fourlari  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:22
din engleză în greacă
+ ...
Migrate to another version to have track changes? Sep 24, 2022

Hello,
I have the same issue with Track changes feature.
I have downloaded Cafe Tran 2018 Aqua 10 and today bought a yearly license. I want to change to a different version that will provide the track changes feature that I read that newer versions have.
I am not sure I understand how to do it. I work on Windows 10 Pro.
Any idea?
Thank you!
Sophia

Jean Dimitriadis
din engleză în franceză
+ ...
Install the latest version Sep 25, 2022

Hi Sophia,

Usually, you can update CafeTran from one version to another, but in your case, since your version is quite old, and a lot has happened since, I recommend that you (uninstall CafeTran and) download/install the new version from https://www.cafetran.com/#download

After that, you will be able to install any new updates
... See more
Hi Sophia,

Usually, you can update CafeTran from one version to another, but in your case, since your version is quite old, and a lot has happened since, I recommend that you (uninstall CafeTran and) download/install the new version from https://www.cafetran.com/#download

After that, you will be able to install any new updates that are announced here: https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/forums/6000148195

Tracking Changes. This new feature is available via the Edit > Track Changes > Manage menu. See the Changes tab after activation. There, you can accept and reject changes to the current target segment.
Filtering on tracked changes can be done via the Filter menu.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderatorii acestui forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Track changes? (In CafeTran for SDL file) Product Version CafeTran: CafeTran Espresso 10.7 Doughnut

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »