Srini Venkataraman
Srini Venkataraman
United States
Local time: 15:44
Member (2012)
Tamil to English
+ ...
Dec 14, 2013

Recently received a pdf file. When I uploaded the source (TA>EN) was all garbled. Reported back to the agency that the file was not typed in Unicode but ttf, so was getting garbled and sent a screenshot. Tried to convert pdf to word, that too was garbled.So had to do manually in word/do formatting per original etc. 3 days of work totally.
Is there a way to upload this pdf file ( or even a word doc typed in ttf) in wordfast pro 3.2.2?

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:44
Finnish to French
Unicode vs. TTF? Dec 16, 2013

I'm not sure what you refer to when you say "not typed in Unicode but TTF". I take it TTF refers to TrueType fonts. Unicode is about encoding, TTF are types of fonts.

Maybe the built-in PDF converter in Wordfast Pro doesn't support fonts used for Tamil. Have you tried the converted included in Wordfast Anywhere?

Have you ever been able to convert other PDF's with text in Tamil in them?

Srini Venkataraman
Srini Venkataraman
United States
Local time: 15:44
Member (2012)
Tamil to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
no workaround Dec 16, 2013

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried WFA too but getting error message "error submitting upload". Unless you know which ttf is used, you cannot try using the online converter to convert to Unicode for portability. I get word/notepad/excel jobs in Unicode and without hassles I am able to do.
I even tried to use acrobat to convert the pdf to word doc, but to no success.
On loading in WFpro 3.2.2, a segment looks like this

* œ³… …ƒ¡šç³Ð Š¨^…¶ |ô¡«ò¶ “
... See more
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried WFA too but getting error message "error submitting upload". Unless you know which ttf is used, you cannot try using the online converter to convert to Unicode for portability. I get word/notepad/excel jobs in Unicode and without hassles I am able to do.
I even tried to use acrobat to convert the pdf to word doc, but to no success.
On loading in WFpro 3.2.2, a segment looks like this

* œ³… …ƒ¡šç³Ð Š¨^…¶ |ô¡«ò¶ “èþƒ¥” [¶šÐ “˜Ü|³…|>‡¡Ä” ÇÍÜ ¡„Ä«£… œ³… É›„¤´Ï ɤñ¶ …¦î´£˜\„ƒ |þÎë|ÕÜ _ÿ„\„íঠ˜>‡¨|ô [þÞƒ½§ƒ¨|>‡ ð›òùò£\ËÜ Œ¥
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

pdf uploading in wfp 3.2.2

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »