Polina Rassolova-Karageuzian
Polina Rassolova-Karageuzian  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:47
English to Russian
+ ...
Nov 25, 2013

Hello

My colleague and I have encountered the following issue and would be grateful for your advice:

Wordfast picks up historical saved versions, such as deleted changes and modified text that is not visible to the end user anymore. It even picks up Lorem Ipsum text that was used during lay-outing process in InDesign and then deleted. This causes major confusions and we have even deleted all the visible text in an .inx file to see whether the tool would still reveal the
... See more
Hello

My colleague and I have encountered the following issue and would be grateful for your advice:

Wordfast picks up historical saved versions, such as deleted changes and modified text that is not visible to the end user anymore. It even picks up Lorem Ipsum text that was used during lay-outing process in InDesign and then deleted. This causes major confusions and we have even deleted all the visible text in an .inx file to see whether the tool would still reveal the text, which it did.

Is there perhaps a setting that could change that? It seems that Wordfast picks up too much for its own good, even text that has been deleted from hidden layers.

Can anything be done about it all?

Thank you

Polina
Collapse

John Daniel
John Daniel
Local time: 16:47
Sample file Nov 25, 2013

Can you email sample inx file with deleted changes, lorem ipsum to WFSupport?

Polina Rassolova-Karageuzian
Polina Rassolova-Karageuzian  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:47
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Nov 28, 2013

Hi jsingaram

Thanks for your reply. I have emailed to Wordfast support with the file but got no reply.

Which email address should I send it to?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

INX files show hidden text when opening in Wordfast

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »