WeeBey
WeeBey  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 00:49
French to English
+ ...
Nov 6, 2013

Hi all,

I have translation memories from files that were translated into French. Then a reviser made changes in the exported documents using Track Changes in MS Word.

I was wondering if there was an easy way to update my corresponding translation memories with the changes made by the reviser, so I don't have to update all changes manually?

I will need to use the final version of these documents, but I'd like to have all the changes directly in my TMs, and I
... See more
Hi all,

I have translation memories from files that were translated into French. Then a reviser made changes in the exported documents using Track Changes in MS Word.

I was wondering if there was an easy way to update my corresponding translation memories with the changes made by the reviser, so I don't have to update all changes manually?

I will need to use the final version of these documents, but I'd like to have all the changes directly in my TMs, and I can't figure out how to do that

Any help welcome!

Thanks,
Bey

[Edited at 2013-11-06 15:42 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-11-06 15:43 GMT]
Collapse

Dan Ilioiu
Dan Ilioiu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 01:49
English to Romanian
+ ...
Different approach Nov 7, 2013

Talking about Wordfast Pro, I don't know about a way to do specifically what you asked.

However, if you want to have in your TM the changes that a reviser makes outside WF, you should use the "Export Review" option. It is in the "PM Perspective" tab, under "Bilingual Export".

This generates a word document with the source and target in a table. The reviser can make changes (there are some simple instructions at the beginning of the file) and you can import those change
... See more
Talking about Wordfast Pro, I don't know about a way to do specifically what you asked.

However, if you want to have in your TM the changes that a reviser makes outside WF, you should use the "Export Review" option. It is in the "PM Perspective" tab, under "Bilingual Export".

This generates a word document with the source and target in a table. The reviser can make changes (there are some simple instructions at the beginning of the file) and you can import those changes back in your txml file.

Then, you generate the final doc from Wordfast Pro.

Check out this video from the always helpful Dominique Pivard: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG0VI8XxWjo

Cheers.

[Edited at 2013-11-07 05:31 GMT]
Collapse

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
Bilingual review or alignment Nov 7, 2013

Hello Bey,

Dan offers a good solution with the bilingual review export.

Otherwise, you could upload the source and final, corrected file to WF Autoaligner (available through your account at www.freetm.com, under the tools area) to create a TM. Take the autoaligned TM and merge it to your client TM. Make sure to choose the option replace existing TU if identical.

Hope this hel
... See more
Hello Bey,

Dan offers a good solution with the bilingual review export.

Otherwise, you could upload the source and final, corrected file to WF Autoaligner (available through your account at www.freetm.com, under the tools area) to create a TM. Take the autoaligned TM and merge it to your client TM. Make sure to choose the option replace existing TU if identical.

Hope this helps!

John Di Rico
Wordfast Trainer
www.apextra.net
Collapse

WeeBey
WeeBey  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Nov 11, 2013

Thanks guys - sorry I thought I had replied but soemthing must have gone wrong.

These are great, smart solutions and I hadn't even thought of freetm.com for this!

Best,

Bey

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Updating Translation Memory with Revisions

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »