Tony M
Tony M
France
Local time: 13:26
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
'Reverse pair' is a pain! May 10, 2005

Sorry to be the black sheep in this forum, but I have to say that this new 'reverse pair' button seems to be more of a nuisance than it's worth!

Have you noticed just how many questions get the pair reversed back and forth several times, to the confusion of all concerned? The trouble is all those 'eager beavers' who just can't wait to get in there and put it right; but because by its nature, 'reverse pair' has a toggling effect, too many people getting involved all at once has a cha
... See more
Sorry to be the black sheep in this forum, but I have to say that this new 'reverse pair' button seems to be more of a nuisance than it's worth!

Have you noticed just how many questions get the pair reversed back and forth several times, to the confusion of all concerned? The trouble is all those 'eager beavers' who just can't wait to get in there and put it right; but because by its nature, 'reverse pair' has a toggling effect, too many people getting involved all at once has a chaotic effect.

My feeling is that the old system was perfectly adequate, and at least discouraged people from simply clicking the button; how many times before did you see a question shuttling back and forth like this between language pairs?
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

An option to switch a pair ('ok')

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »