Did asker declined my response rightly???
Thread poster: PRAKASH SHARMA
PRAKASH SHARMA
PRAKASH SHARMA  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 14:07
English to Hindi
+ ...
Mar 25, 2005

Please visit this link and just tell me whether my reply is rejected rightly or so?

http://www.proz.com/kudoz/979502

The email says the following words-

I'm sure that this question was not asked by professional and I don't see any strong reason to decline my answer!!!!

PRAKASH SHARMA
FREELANCE TRANSLATOR OF NEPALI, HINDI, SANSKRIT AND ENGLISH TO F
... See more
Please visit this link and just tell me whether my reply is rejected rightly or so?

http://www.proz.com/kudoz/979502

The email says the following words-

I'm sure that this question was not asked by professional and I don't see any strong reason to decline my answer!!!!

PRAKASH SHARMA
FREELANCE TRANSLATOR OF NEPALI, HINDI, SANSKRIT AND ENGLISH TO FOUR OF THE SAME
[email protected]
+977 56 530738
Collapse

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:37
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
I don't undertand either Mar 26, 2005

Perhaps there is something I'm missing (kind of lack of knowledge of in your languages...) While, I really don't know whether your answer is correct or not, I don't understand the cause of the rejection: "use of offensive words". Where are they?

Regards,

Clarisa

Lindsay Sabadosa (X)
Lindsay Sabadosa (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:37
Italian to English
+ ...
Perhaps... Mar 26, 2005

PRAKAASH wrote:

I'm just guessing here but maybe the asker was offended when you said that Nepalese people know little about Hindi since s/he lives in Nepal and translates into Hindi. Please excuse me if I'm incorrect. I also have very limited knowledge of the source languages.

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 02:37
English to German
+ ...
Maybe the asker misunderstood you Mar 26, 2005

PRAKAASH wrote:
"... as Nepalese people have little knowledge about Hindi"

"I mean to say that they can understand simple Hindi, not the complicated one!"

In your profile you say: "The only native 1 2 Hindi & Nepali both"

If the asker did not check your profile, he could not realize that you were talking about a group to whom you belong yourself, so your (slightly over-generalized) statements could not have been meant offensively.

That's a pity, because the rest of your explanation is good.

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 04:37
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Specific questions about specific KudoZ Mar 26, 2005

Hello Prakaash

I agree with the previous answers, there seems to be a kind of misunderstanding. I wondered myself whether there wasn't some kind of irony in your comment.

Anyway, a KudoZ moderator knowing one of the languages involved could be of more help than a public forum for specific questions about specific KudoZ.
I understand that you need to share and to know how would the others deal with the problem if this happened to them, but those who are goin
... See more
Hello Prakaash

I agree with the previous answers, there seems to be a kind of misunderstanding. I wondered myself whether there wasn't some kind of irony in your comment.

Anyway, a KudoZ moderator knowing one of the languages involved could be of more help than a public forum for specific questions about specific KudoZ.
I understand that you need to share and to know how would the others deal with the problem if this happened to them, but those who are going to answer on the light of the rules are the mods.
I'd say that for declining the reason has to be linguistic, but one of KudoZ rules says that we can't comment on an asker's decision to grade a certain way.

The moderator could eventually contact the asker and ask whether there was a misunderstanding.
Let's assume good faith.

Claudia
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Did asker declined my response rightly???

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »