Thread poster: Hardy Moreno
Hardy Moreno
Hardy Moreno  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:41
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 15, 2005

Hello,

I know that Kudoz.net has been deprecated. I was still using it, that is until my laptop crashed and I had to re-install Windows XP.

Now when I download Kudoz.net it doesn't install.

Has anyone had this problem? Or could it be that my antivirus program won't allow the installation?

Does anyone have an installer that works?

DGK T-I
DGK T-I  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:41
Georgian to English
+ ...
Hello Hardy Mar 15, 2005

If you look through the postings at:
http://www.proz.com/post/196639
there is one of them that gives a possible solution which I believe may help you with this, until a more permanent solution emerges, as I'm sure it will in time.

Mihail Mateev
Mihail Mateev
Bulgaria
Local time: 11:41
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
the proposed solution /quoted from the link/ Mar 16, 2005

quote:

------------
Work around Jan 19

I have discovered a workaround that will allow you to install and run Kudoz.net

I suspected that the installtion may be time-bomvbed and it seems I was right. Set your PC system clock back to last year and the install package will then run. After you have re-booted your computer and set up the software with all the correct parameters etc. you can then reset the system clock to the correct date.

P
... See more
quote:

------------
Work around Jan 19

I have discovered a workaround that will allow you to install and run Kudoz.net

I suspected that the installtion may be time-bomvbed and it seems I was right. Set your PC system clock back to last year and the install package will then run. After you have re-booted your computer and set up the software with all the correct parameters etc. you can then reset the system clock to the correct date.

Presumably, Kudoz.net is still living on borrowed time, and a replacement will have to be found

Alexander Chisholm
Italy
Platinum

Italian>English
English
-----------

end of quote.

Personally, I have the sam e problem, and I will check it after later today.

Hope that hepls.

BR,

Misho
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does anyone have Kudoz.net installer that works

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »