Thread poster: Henry Dotterer
Teresita Garcia Ruy Sanchez
Teresita Garcia Ruy Sanchez  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 16:02
English to Spanish
+ ...
A proposal May 25, 2004

Could the questions for homework/test be limited to, let's say, 5 per asker? Because sometimes I think they would like all the pros to do their job for them. This way we would still help them but they would need to make an effort and only ask things they really can't find or that are really hard.

linadia
linadia
French to Arabic
+ ...
How can I add more language pairs to "My languages" Jun 10, 2004

Hi all,

I tried several times to add different pairs to "my languages" but nothing worked out.
My languages show only: EN>AR & FR>AR Kudoz questions. I would like to add two or three different pairs.
Does any one know how?

Moreover I tried to download questions from Kudoz.net but it gave me an error that I wasn't logged in, though I was.

Thanks a lot.

nadia

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 01:02
English to German
+ ...
very good designoverview Aug 9, 2004

Henry wrote:

We have released a new KudoZ list page:

http://www.proz.com/kudoz

Your feedback would be welcome!
Hi Henry, The new design is very nice. I find but the dropdown menus are covered by the title, as unlike in other windows/Frames all options of the dropdown menu are visible over the local frameset. Otherwise it is fine.
Rgds
Brandis

Octavio Chabl� Herrera
Octavio Chabl� Herrera
Local time: 17:02
English to Spanish
Mosqueteers. Aug 23, 2004

I dont know how exactly to say the mosqueteers phrase....something like one for all and all for one....that´s what this web site is....it is awesome !!

Klaus Hartmann
Klaus Hartmann  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
Wider than my screen Nov 9, 2004

Henry wrote:

We have released a new KudoZ list page:

Your feedback would be welcome!

Dear Henry,
looks good to me - but: all of a sudden, the Kudoz page is wider than my screen now. Maybe it's my / my system's fault - but could you guys try and shrink the page somewhat, vertically I mean.

Otherwise: Thanks a lot to all Proz.com activists! Your site is a genuine blessing to all translators!

Best regards

Klaus Hartmann

Natalia Zudaire
Natalia Zudaire  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 20:02
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
what about an option to delete/edit questions Nov 11, 2004

Just a thought. It happens to me all the time that I get something wrong, as language pair...

n.

[Edited at 2005-11-24 02:36]

Noemi Jimenez-Furquet
Noemi Jimenez-Furquet  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
... and to delete answers? Dec 16, 2004

Maybe you were late, or you simply got wrong... If you are able to edit your answer/comment and to make it invisible you should be able to delete it, too.

Melanie Nassar
Melanie Nassar  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:02
German to English
+ ...
(un)hide this answer Dec 20, 2004

Is there any way to reverse the [hide this answer] move?
I just slipped up as I was posting a thanks to a peer comment (the 'hide this answer' slot is just millimeters below the 'post and send responses'). It's not so important for this question as the other answers were correct, but it might be important for some other answer.

Kim Metzger
Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Mexico
German to English
reversing hide this answer Dec 20, 2004

armaat wrote:

Is there any way to reverse the [hide this answer] move?
I just slipped up as I was posting a thanks to a peer comment (the 'hide this answer' slot is just millimeters below the 'post and send responses'). It's not so important for this question as the other answers were correct, but it might be important for some other answer.

Hi armaat,
I don't know the answer to why you can't unhide your answer, but I just unhid it for you.
Cheers, Kim

[Edited at 2004-12-20 16:14]

Kim Metzger
Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Mexico
German to English
reversing hide this answer Dec 20, 2004

Hello again, armaat,
This question has been raised before:

http://www.proz.com/post/186932#186932

As it stands now, only moderators can unhide questions that have been hidden by answerers. Gianfranco is looking into the issue.

Kim

chaplin
chaplin
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:02
English to French
+ ...
bigger font please even with my new glasses it is quite tiring ....Itried 3 but 4 would be nice Jan 8, 2005

Ltemes wrote:

Henry wrote:

In a few minutes, we will release a new KudoZ list page here:

Feedback welcome!

I just saw this happen in front of my eyes. One moment my old friend was there and the next... VOOM, gone. But, I still haven\'t met my new buddy so I guess I\'ll have to start using the system before I can really say whether I like it or not....! that was SO fast... that\'s all I can say for now. thanks for always trying to improve on the site.

Saludos,
Laura

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:02
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

How to get larger font Jan 8, 2005

You can increase the size of the font you are viewing on your screen by

1. Using the "Text Zoom" or "Text Size" function under "View" on your browser menu bar, or

2. Simply pressing the + and Ctrl keys.

Similarly, you can make the font smaller (if you should ever have the need to), with the "View" menu or by pressing - and Crtl.

hth

Maria Arcelus
Maria Arcelus
Local time: 20:02
English to Spanish
+ ...
Comment on homework questions Jan 16, 2005

I love answering or at least trying Kudoz questions.
I believe their main reason for being there is to help serious translators who need help.
Lately, I find many questions that come from students (highschool, I presume) which are not well written, have typographical errors, and nevertheless send me on a wild-goose chase to give a correct answer, especially when I do not notice that it is a student question.
I think this has to stop. Maybe those questions can be included in a s
... See more
I love answering or at least trying Kudoz questions.
I believe their main reason for being there is to help serious translators who need help.
Lately, I find many questions that come from students (highschool, I presume) which are not well written, have typographical errors, and nevertheless send me on a wild-goose chase to give a correct answer, especially when I do not notice that it is a student question.
I think this has to stop. Maybe those questions can be included in a separate section of Kudoz.
Thank you,
María L. Arcelus
Canada
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
- Jan 16, 2005

Maria Arcelus wrote:
Maybe those questions can be included in a separate section of Kudoz.

Dear Maria, these questions ARE in a separate section of KudoZ: they are EASY questions. Moreover, most of them are marked as "a question from homework/test".

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Staff announcement: new KudoZ list/search page released

Pastey
Your smart companion app

Pastey is an innovative desktop application that bridges the gap between human expertise and artificial intelligence. With intuitive keyboard shortcuts, Pastey transforms your source text into AI-powered draft translations.

Find out more »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »