Germany
Local time: 14:07
German to English
+ ...
May 7

That's the ProZ header under which we have the two forum topics:
- Bugs
- Suggestions

This implies the site would like us to report bugs and make suggestions for improvement. Put our minds together and make improvements.

But when we report a bug or make a suggestion for improvement (which other members/users might even be interested in or would like to discuss and share their standpoint), the post somehow does not appear on (or is quickly removed from) th
... See more
That's the ProZ header under which we have the two forum topics:
- Bugs
- Suggestions

This implies the site would like us to report bugs and make suggestions for improvement. Put our minds together and make improvements.

But when we report a bug or make a suggestion for improvement (which other members/users might even be interested in or would like to discuss and share their standpoint), the post somehow does not appear on (or is quickly removed from) the front page and is put e.g. in the Technical support forum. The reslt is that much fewer users/members get to discuss it.

So my suggestion to ProZ here is, abolish the Bugs and Suggestions forums if you think they need such censorship (sorry, can't think of a better word). No one likes their potential shortcomings being revealed, but you explicitly request constructive criticism with your "Help us to improve".

I expect to be brushed under the carpet - no worries.
Collapse

falkevin (X)
Christopher Schröder
ibz
Barbara Carrara
Zea_Mays
Christel Zipfel
P.L.F. Persio

Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How do I hide this discussion? May 9

?

ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Moderators' privilege May 9

I think you can't (BTW: why would you want to?).
I tried to hide a discussion (errant technical question) but wasn't able to do it either. There's no such option visible.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ's "Help us to improve"

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »