John Fry
John Fry  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:48
Member (2010)
Japanese to English
+ ...
May 6

I accidentally hit Ctrl+Enter, which added an erroneous translation segment to the TM, and now I want to delete it. Is there a way to do this? In Trados Studio I can right click on the segment in the Results window and select "Delete from TM", but I don't see any way to do this in Phrase.

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 12:48
English to Russian
Overwrite May 6

According to the Phrase Help:
If the new segment has the same source and context, but with a different target than another segment, the new segment will overwrite the pre-existing segment. This is also applied if no context is available.
Type a new translation and confirm it. It takes some time for the TM to update, so even if you see both translations (previous and new) shortly after you confirm a segment, you have to give it time and return to that segment say in 20 minutes
... See more
According to the Phrase Help:
If the new segment has the same source and context, but with a different target than another segment, the new segment will overwrite the pre-existing segment. This is also applied if no context is available.
Type a new translation and confirm it. It takes some time for the TM to update, so even if you see both translations (previous and new) shortly after you confirm a segment, you have to give it time and return to that segment say in 20 minutes (maybe even 2 minutes would suffice, I don't know exactly) and check if only one translation survived.
Collapse

John Fry
John Fry  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:48
Member (2010)
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Interesting May 6

I didn't realize that's how it works. Thank you!

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Delete segment from TM?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »